Stupid me, I can't make iTunes play an album

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eldiablojoe, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I listen to my iPod via the app on my iPhone4. I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to shuffle play automatically just the songs on one album. I'll be happy to just play the songs on a single album sequentially.

Thanks.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Make a new playlist with just the album you want and it should only shuffle the playlist.

3. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Open the iPod app-> Choose Artists from the bottom menu-> Choose All Albums at the top of the Artist list-> Select the Album you want to hear-> Select Shuffle at the top of the list->Rock out. :)

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Strange, that doesn't shuffle the songs in my albums. I wonder if that's a bug in 4.2.1?

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

That is strange. I'm on 4.2.1 and it seems to be working fine for me. Do you have the Shuffle button once you get to the Album?

6. Eldiablojoe, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010

Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

That works fine for me, for regular albums that I've ripped from CDs, but the last album I bought, I bought entirely through iTunes. The weird thing is, when I look at it through the iPod, each song comes up individually- even in album view. I wonder if it is because it's a compilation?

7. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Yeah, I don't know how a compilation will behave. I'm glad the other CDs work for you. I don't buy much music from iTunes so I'm not sure if that's an issue, either. Most of my CDs are ripped from my collection.