Stupid Question: Is it ok for a guy to get the white iphone 4 instead of black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randomrazr, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomrazr macrumors 65816

i know stupid question but i had to ask.

my blakcberry busted so i wanna give the iphone 4 a shot as i need a new phone NOW

some of my friends already own iphone 4s, funny thing is, all my guy friends who have one, have black, and all my friends who are girls, have white.

i kinda liked the white since its a unique and kind of apple signature color, but not sure if its the best choice "socially".

is it ok for a guy to get a white one? im off to university this fall first year taking business if u guys need a bit of background info.

THANKS!

2. Surely Guest

Surely

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

A real man doesn't care about what others think about him, regardless of color.

4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Only stupid if you really HATE white iphones... :p

5. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

this

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I dont see why it wouldn't be ok. If you like white then get it, and if you have friends who will have a problem with the color of phone you buy you probably should reevaluate those friendships.

7. Treadstone macrumors newbie

Very well said.

8. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

No, it's not okay. At all. Ever. (joke).

Maybe if you're that insecure about your masculinity, deciding the color of your iPhone probably isn't the real issue here.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

10. vanfanel1 macrumors member

11. randomrazr thread starter macrumors 65816

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Get which ever color you like best and don't worry what others may think.

13. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

only stupid if you have to ask,

do you like the color white? boom theres your answer

14. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

This is almost as stupid as saying, "Is it okay for a black man to date a white woman in 2011?"

Please grow up. If you continue with that mentality, people will run over you in college.

16. simply stunning macrumors regular

I don't think so at all. I just upgraded to get the white phone, and I've had the black one since August (wanted the white one, and waited till I couldn't any more before buying the black one). I'm so glad I did, as I love the choice I made.

What I like the most is the what doesn't show prints like the black I had.

Also if it makes it any easier, you could buy the white, and then if you don't like it, just trade to someone who has a black one, and have them cough up some cash along with it, as there are some people (myself included) who would jump at a deal like this assuming it wasn't too much cash.

17. hcho3 macrumors 68030

For asking dumb question like this... you don't even deserve to have a white iPhone 4.

You are really that much worried about people's eyes? Who gives a crap what they say?

Based on your logic, people who own white cars, white pants, white T-shirts and White iPads are all girly?

Don't pay attention to what others say. As long as you are not hurting them, it's not their business to say what color of your phone should be.

18. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What if is dressed up like a woman with pink Dress?

19. saberahul macrumors 68040

To the poster above me - don't double post.

Get whatever iPhone you want... if you really want to be in the middle then get a white with a black case or the other way around. In all seriousness, who the douche cares?

20. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

Dare to be different??

21. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Nothing more sleek than a black suit, and a sexy white iPhone.

22. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

get what you want. I have a black one because I like it. However a guy I work with has a white and I do have to say it is pretty damn sexy. My brother might be getting an iPhone and he might get white as well. Personal preference.

If you have to wonder what your friends might think about your phone color choice, of all things, you might want to get new friends

23. Madvillain Guest

No, it is not okay for a guy to have a white iPhone. I missed the other question, but here is the answer to it as well:

No, it is not okay for a guy to have a white iPad either.

You are only allowed to have a white car, and that is only under special circumstances*.

* White car must have dark black windows and must be faster than any black car that resides within 3.1416 square KMs of white car.

24. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

This would only be an issue if your choice was between a black iPhone and a neon green iPhone.

White is entirely professional. I guess there could be some places you could work where it would be frowned upon, but they wouldn't be any place I would want to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.