Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevindosi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
hey everyone, i've got kind of a stupid question. i've ended up with 2 iphone 4Ss due to poor planning:

1) one is very lightly used and was bought off contract a couple months ago, making it a factory unlocked device (att\tmobile).

2) the other is brand new unopened and was purchased on a new att contract. it's locked to att but, i think, can be jailbroken and unlocked.

i obviously don't need two iphones and now have a contract with att, so i was wondering which one is worth more. any idea?

ste1164

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2009
The unlocked one is worth more. But the unopened one can't be unlocked. The 4S can't be unlocked yet.

kevindosi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
oh whoops. thanks for the info. i can't return it to apple by any chance, can i?

NT5.2

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
You actually have 30 days from the day you receive it to return to apple.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
i can't return it to apple by any chance, can i?
You can get a much faster answer if you fish for yourself:
http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund
iPhone Return Policy

If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone to the Apple Online Store within 30 calendar days from shipment for a full refund by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE. If you return your iPhone within 30 calendar days from shipment, you will not be charged a restocking fee. The iPhone must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation. For more details, refer to iPhone Help page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.