stupidity! Ok, I have my test app complete, now Im unsure how to send it to my touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jtbullet, May 11, 2009.

1. jtbullet macrumors member

Hi. I have neglected this part of things. I need to get the app on my ipod. I am a registered developer. I cant seem to find the command to do it. what am I missing? Sorry for the stupid question.

2. BlackWolf macrumors regular

does "registered developer" mean you are paying apple? cause you need to pay them $99 to be able to do that. simply registering on developer.apple.com isn't enough

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Assuming you're a paid, registered developer, go to your developer program portal and follow the instructions in setting up your certificates and provisioning profiles. Then you change the target from Simulator to Device and hit the "build and go" button.

4. jtbullet thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I am a paying member. I only needed enough code to do a simple thing, it will probably be an apple product at some, but for now, I have been able to cobble enough together to get the job done.

5. BananaDuffle macrumors member

1) Go here: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/manage/overview/index.action
    and log in.

2) Follow video tutorials on the right (takes a while)

3) Change the drop down list in the top left of XCode from "Simulator" to "Device".

4) Clean Code and Targets then rebuild (Your code can fail to deploy right after your initial set up unless you do this, I found)

5) Run your code and it will install on your device.

6. jtbullet thread starter macrumors member

Thanks so much guys! This is really a great forum.