Stylus Sling™ for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro (Both versions)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 3goldens, Apr 7, 2016.

1. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

http://www.stylussling.com

I came upon this and thought it was a pretty cool idea. Ordered one on Amazon for my 12 inch IPP to see if I would like it for the baby IPP!

Just passing along some information for those looking for a way to carry around their pencil without loosing it!

2. iAdamator macrumors regular

This actually looks really great. How do you order the 9.7 version on Amazon? I could only see the 12.9 version. One thing I really like about this is that it wraps around the COVER of the iPad and not around the iPad itself. That might just be the selling point for me.

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Looks amazing, but way too expensive. I was playing with some elastic bands last night trying to create something similar. Hair bands work pretty well. More color options, too.

4. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Thanks OP for the tip.
    However $25 bucks for an elastic strap that will eventually lose its elasticity is ridiculous.

Everyone and their mother thinks they can charge Apple tax.

5. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

"Patent Pending"

:D

for what? they are millions of stitched pencil pockets so i quess they are patenting that ridiculous price.

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yep. $25 for what basically amounts to a large black rubber-band.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

8. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

Yikes. To each their own. $25 is a bit pricey for the product in OP but I would want something a little cleaner looking.

9. alau0115 macrumors regular

For a gadget like this, $25 is the maximum a company can set the price for but like other said, it is considered a bit pricey especially after a person has drained the wallet for buying the Apple keyboard, Apple pencil, case, cover and the iPad Pro.

And while the gadget looks good, it is more suitable for someone who likes to carry the iPad in his/her hands rather than in a bag or sleeve.

10. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm still working. Still not "elegant," but pretty good.

image.jpeg

11. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

12. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

that's not a look I am going for!
    :)
    --- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2016 ---
    yes you did!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 9, 2016 ---
    I did get mine and it works quite well. Price aside, for me it is worth it, primarily because I am always loosing things, always and it drives me nuts. The time and effort I would have to put in to make one is also a luxury I do not have. So be that as it may it does work very nicely and one can use it on the from or the back if your using the silicone apple back. I will make comments on amazon with regard to it's functionality and it being being way overpriced.

13. kdoug, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016

kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

14. 3goldens thread starter macrumors 68000

3goldens

15. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

The magnet on these new smart covers is really strong so no problem with it staying closed when carrying. The band weighs next to nothing. There's a review on Amazon with somebody using it on the 13" but mines the 10".

16. h00ligan macrumors 68030

You win the award. Does the $25 thing even sit inside the cover? If you have to remove it it's hardly elegant - (2/$9 doesn't need to be elegant)

I'm telling you all. Look for surface pro pen loop on Amazon. $4 stick and forget.

I'm still shocked after all the surface pro complaining Apple didn't make an elegant solution.

17. Sheza macrumors 65816

Sheza

Holy ****. Are those holders glued on to the case?

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Yea. It's a
    Yea, it's a $6 case, so I wasn't too concerned. The holders are molded from Sugru, so it's all very light. Took Bondic to get 'em glued down though!

19. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Just when I thought that the $130 for the Surface TypeCover was expensive, Apple comes out with the ASK @ $170.
    Just when I thought that Microsoft's stick'em loop for the Pen was goofy, Apple offers NO solution.

20. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

Thanks for all the different styles posted. My 12.9 is waiting at the house for my eventual return. I am not to sure if I will need the pencil or not, but if I do, I will be able to pull this thread from archive. :)

21. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Nothing wrong with a bit of DIY if you're happy with it. I've gone very retro with my solution until I find something I like. (Plus it's versatile, I can clip it lots of places :D)

IMG_0429.JPG IMG_0428.JPG

22. David58117 macrumors 65816

This actually looks awesome, just ordered 2 for my wife and I.

Kind of surprised people are jumping on it about the price - it looks much cleaner and more professional looking than the alternatives posted.

23. ianfann macrumors 6502

I made my own version of this and I think anybody can make it, so much for "patent pending" :