Suave HD – Weird status bar issue. Can anyone help me out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Shpadoinkel, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Shpadoinkel macrumors member

[​IMG]

Just installed Suave HD today and everything looks great… except for my status bar. The reception, wifi and battery are all a weird orange color.
    In looking in the UIImages file, all of these orange images for phone reception are named “WhiteOnBlackShadow.png”
    Orange images for wifi reception are named “WhiteOnBlackEtch_’x’_WifiBars”
    And all of the orange images for the battery are named “ColorOnGreyShadow_BatteryDrainingInsides.png”.

My question is, at least for the battery, why isn’t it picking up the files in Bundles/com.apple.springboard that show different colors for different battery and reception levels… which is what I really want. Right now it's just safety orange regardless of battery life.

I’ve even tried installing another battery only theme (just above this theme in Winterboard) and it’s not getting picked up at all. So I’m thinking something is wrong, but I don’t even know where to start looking to fix it.

Does anyone know how/if I can fix this?
    Ideally I'd like to switch out the phone and wifi icons with something else, but I need to tackle this first.

Admins: If this isn't the place for this topic, I apologize. I'm new here but been lurking for a few weeks. Please feel free to move me where I need to be.

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

You using the tweak statusclean? Open the settings and scroll down to the bottom where you can input colors for wifi, 3g, signal, etc...And delete any html color codes, If you are using the tweak that is.

As for another statusbar theme for wifi and reception not showing up, this is normal. One has to override the other and just because it is on top in winterboard doesn't always mean it will work. However, try this tweak and tell me what happens... "Color Retina Signal & Wifi for iPhone 4...." betcha it works.

3. Shpadoinkel thread starter macrumors member

I am using CleanStatus, so I thought we were on to something, but all color fields are already blank. There’s nothing to delete. It’s not that it’s calling up some random color code and applying it over the theme. The theme has these images to call to in UIImages, I just want it to call to the Bundles/com.apple.springboard images like any other theme I’ve ever used does. Any way to make that happen?

And on an unrelated note, to get specific reception indicators from another theme that I like, is it as easy as replacing the ones in the current theme with the ones I want and saving it, and just making sure the names match?

I appreciate the help.

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

For the reception indicators, it should be a simple copy and paste over job. I have never done it personally. Just never messed with them, so you might want to wait and ask someone that has.

5. Shpadoinkel thread starter macrumors member

[​IMG]

I was able to swap out the PNGs in the theme UIImage folder. I used battery UIImages images from another theme just to see if I could do it, and it worked. But I still can't get the theme to see and call to the Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder where it has multiple colors as the battery drops. I'm lost.

Why would there be a Bundles/com.apple.springboard folder with all of the BatteryBG_ PNGs if it's not going to use them?

At least I got the reception icons I wanted.