Suburban Square, Ardmore PA *iPhone 5*

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rocketboy6885, Aug 3, 2011.

1. rocketboy6885 macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I'm planning on being at the iPhone 5 launch in September or whenever it might be.

Also planning on camping out over night, I want to be at the front of that line! Let's have a meet up!

2. AaronTrieu macrumors member

i went last year and it was completely disorganized. The free food and drinks was cool though. If you are lucky enough to be a pre order in then just show up at the end of the day. I'm just gonna wait till the AT&T release.

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I went last year too but it wasn't disorganized if you had a pre-order. I plan on going this year too. I'm usually there at around 2-3AM every year since the 3G.

4. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I'll be there!

I was in Ardmore for iPhone 4, but did not camp out. I was about 60-70th in line, with a preorder. I thought it was very organized and yes, the donated food and drink was a nice touch. I think I got there about 5:30am. It was a great time. I have done this with every iPhone launch since 07, and it's always worked out fine.

This launch, however, is going to be different. With all the delays, rumors, and hype, I expect it will be pretty crazy come lauch day. Which is why I will be camping overnight. I think it will be a great time and I am really looking forward to it. Having a good group of people to hang out with makes all the difference. From my past experiences, the wait in line has been almost just as fun as actually getting the device. I CANT WAIT!!

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

How long do you have to pickup an iPhone if you have a preorder? I just saw that I have a 9AM class that Friday morning so there would be no way I can make it back in time since the stores open at around 8AM.

6. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

The way pre-orders have worked in the past is that you can either have it shipped to your house, or have it as an in-store pick up (which you can *supposedly* pick up at any time). I'm not sure how iphone5 pre-orders will work, but one can only assume it will be similar to the past.

I for one will be pre-ordering for an in-store pick up, and also camping out the night before. Can't be too careful.

7. Lefty Loco macrumors newbie

Lefty Loco

Do you think AT&T will offer the upgrade discount on the iPhone 5? If so, is it possible to pre-order with this option? Sorry, I'm not really "in the know" with this stuff, but I've been waiting to use my upgrade option on the 5 instead of the 4 since the launch seems close.

8. Evelynds macrumors newbie

Hope,hope. iphone 5 is more people look forwared:D

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I thought this thread would have more replies. Is no one local to ardmore, or are we waiting for it to be officially announced before we talk about a launch meetup?

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If you are eligible for an upgrade, your price will most likely be $199/299 depending on size.

Not eligible? Then you can probably get an iPhone early upgrade which will most likely be $399/499 depending on size.

Don't want a contract or not eligible for any of the above? Expect to pay $599/699.

You can preorder with whatever you are eligible for.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Anyone here besides sulpfiction and I that will DEFINITELY be there regardless of a redesign or not?

12. Stevestein12 macrumors newbie

Hey is anyone here in line yet? How long and how many people roughly at the Ardmore store? Anyone as crazy as us? Lol

13. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Good Morning!!

Hey. I'm up in Connecticut. Sitting in my car next to the Verizon store. Keep warm.

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I drove by around 9 and there were about 20 people in line. Good luck. I have a date with UPS tomorrow by 10:30.