Success in getting Verizon upgrade sooner?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bisnicks, Sep 26, 2012.

1. bisnicks macrumors regular

Hello,

So I have a line due for an upgrade here on October 7th. I'm planning on using it to get an iPhone 5. I have Verizon. I was wondering if any of you have had success in convincing them to let you upgrade a couple weeks early and, if so, how did you do it? I've been a customer with Verizon for nearly 10 years and have never asked to upgrade early. I know, I'm impatient...

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, verizon does not offer early upgrades. October 7th is not that far off, my advise is to sit tight and order in shortly.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Oct 1 you should be able to upgrade
    From my experience as long as its withing the same month.

4. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

5. bisnicks thread starter macrumors regular

Do either of you know how I do this? Do I need to go to the store and talk to them or do it over the phone or what? Do I just mention it and they'll let me do it? I'm considering doing the Apple Store reservation to get the phone. Can the Apple Store employees let me do this early? Can I even reserve it online without the upgrade applied to my account yet?

Also, I plan on doing the unlimited loophole, think this would jeopardize it in any way?

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Nope. Talked to a good friend of mine who works with Verizon and he wasnt able to help me at all (nor anyone).

I am sure some will be able to get through some how but it seems the high majority must wait.

7. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

The only loophool guarenteed to work is to buy the phone unsubsidized. You don't have to wait to upgrade to do this. Read the Verizon loophole thread...we've been talking about this ad naseum for weeks. The moment you use your upgrade on your unlimited data plan (UDP), they will force you to the new Share Everything plan and you lose your UDP.