Sucess!!! 3GS (old bootrom) 3.1.3 to 4.0 unlocked with Spirit2Pwn

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlvinNguyen, Jul 4, 2010.

1. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I know the software has a lot of controversies right now - but that aside, spirit2pwn works for me! The 3GS is handling it very well too! Quite snappy (unlike my gf's 3G on 4.0)

Now we just need the unlock for our iPhone 4s :p

Just in case anyone was wondering. If you're jailbroken on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 using Spirit and couldn't upgrade to 4.0, now you can download and install spirit2pwn and then just proceed to use pwnage tool 4.0.1

EDIT : WARNING!!! This exploit is only for the OLD BOOTROM so Do NOT ATTEMPT if you're on 3GS with the new bootrom!!!

Attached Files:

2. atlantatan1 macrumors member

work for me unlock use ultrasn0n but can't search the web with my t-mobile internet are there a way to enter manual on APN.

3. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

4. evanavevan macrumors member

evanavevan

5. drifter666 macrumors newbie

I know this may sound like a noob question but pwnage only works on a mac yes? Is there anything I can use on a 64bit windows 7 so I can finally update to ios4 I believe that ultrasnow will unlock the baseband if I upgrade yes?

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

This was just Tweeted

iH8sn0w WARNING : New Bootrom users MUST NOT install Spirit2Pwn. It flashes the NOR for old bootroms! You will go into a dfu loop.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Just did my 3GS, worked perfectly. Redoing it though because i hate the pineapple! Have to go into expert mode just to turn the damned thing off.

8. alex1089 macrumors newbie

Great. I'll try it with my 3gs. Are there links for CFW files uploaded anywhere?last few times I found them, I'm
    not a mac guy