Suddenly all my music won't sync to phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MoodyM, May 13, 2012.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

I have an iPad 3 (5.1) and iPhone 4 (5.0.1, jailbroken). Previously I had an iPad 2.

As long as I can remember, I've had around 16GB of music, and all my devices were set to sync it all, and convert it to 128K.

My iPhone (32GB) generally has around 2 or 3GB empty space.

All of a sudden a few days ago the coloured bars in iTunes said I had 13GB of "Other" (yellow) and my iPhone 4 was now 11GB over capacity. I hit "Sync" anyway, now I have no yellow "Other" bar, but the blue "Audio" one says 4GB instead of 16GB+. When I look on the actual phone, all my podcasts and audiobooks are there, but I only have 2 music albums (should be over 100).

I definitely have the box ticked to Sync All Music, and I don't use the "Only sync checked items" feature. I also don't use/have playlists.

As I said, this just started suddenly for no apparent reason.

If I untick "Sync Music" the blue bar goes away down, then as soon as I tick it again, it jumps back to 4GB.

My iPad is unaffected, it sync all my music still.

2. healage macrumors newbie

I've been having a somewhat similar experience while manually syncing music to my iphone through iTunes...

For some reason, even though I have enough space available, when I manually transfer full albums over (drag and drop), iTunes only syncs some of the songs. In my experience, what is actually transferred over is completely random.. sometimes just one song from an entire album will be transferred. Other times, the entire album EXCEPT for one song will be transferred over..

It's getting really frustrating to have to check my music app on my phone after a new transfer to make sure everything went over ok.. Very Un-Apple like..

I've been using an iPod since 2004 and an iPhone since 2007 and I've never had anything like this start occurring until iOS 5.1