suddently msgtn.ini, powelist,ini... apeared in apps fold, are they virus?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by peacehouse, May 6, 2012.

1. peacehouse macrumors newbie

I suddently found three files of msgtn.ini, powelist,ini and psnetwork apeared in my apps fold, are they virus? abviously they are not softwares. they came back after I deleted them and started my imac. somebody encountered same thing before.:confused::confused::confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

.ini files are Windows files. Have you installed Windows in any way on your Mac?

Currently there are zero viruses affecting Mac OS X in public circulation, but there are other kinds of malware existing, that can infect your Mac.
    But as long as you don't install software from unknown and untrusted sources, you are safe, as malware needs administrative permissions to run successfully, which means, you need to install the malware yourself, it can't install itself (one of the reasons, why a Mac OS X virus hasn't appeared yet).
    To learn more about malware in Mac OS X and what steps can be taken to protect yourself, read the following F.A.Q.:
    To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. peacehouse thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, that helped. I did installed windows. did not have a idea how windows can install files on mac ox. anyone encountered the same thing and how you solve it.

4. simsaladimbamba

How did you install Windows?

5. peacehouse thread starter macrumors newbie

I did it through bootcamp. the process was fine. no problem.