Suffering losses, Target throws in the bathroom towel.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 18, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Target will be building special restrooms for anyone who’s not identifying with given birth like the overwhelming rest of humanity. Yet, the (who knew this existed?) NTCE puts on a happy face about it, regardless the crushing, but sane, reversal.

_________

“Target on Wednesday reported its first decline in same-store sales in two years and warned that sales could fall in each of the next two quarters, as it struggles with lower shopper traffic to its stores.”

“Target Corp. said it will spend $20 million to add a private bathroom to each of its stores by next year, following customer protests over its policy allowing transgender individuals to use whichever restroom corresponds with their gender identity.”

“Most of Target's 1,797 locations already have single-occupancy or unisex restrooms, but it will add the option to 277 stores by November and to about 20 remaining stores by March 2017, the company said on Wednesday.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...te-bathrooms-to-quell-transgender-debate.html

2. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I'm so proud, I learned two new terms today! :):)

QTPOC stands for “queer trans people of color,” though some misinterpret it as “cutiepies of color.”

Latinx is “the gender-neutral alternative to Latino, Latina and even Latin@.” (Yes, that’s an at sign, and no, it’s not an inverted Twitter handle.) Apparently it’s pronounced “La-TEEN-ex.”

Etymologically speaking, “Latino” is a Spanish word, incorporated into English, that refers to a man, or a person of unspecified sex, of Latin descent. The feminine equivalent is “Latina.” The plural is “Latinas” when referring to a group of women, “Latinos” when referring to a male or mixed-sex group. The plural of “Latinx,” is apparently “Latinxs.”

Who knew? I used to just call them Mexicans. :D

3. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Why are conservatives so obsessed with where people poop? Frankly, so long as it's in a functional toilet or the middle of the woods, I don't care, at all, about the who, what, where, and how of pooping.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yep, I don't get the big deal either. It's a bit sad that Target backed down due to a bunch idiots though.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

So, so hackish. Quoting paragraphs out of order (Fielding). Throwing in extraneous facts without showing any causation from the primary topic (Fox Business). The combination makes for a circle-jerk of stupid.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I wonder how much their policy had to do with sales loss given that "Most of Target's 1,797 locations already have single-occupancy or unisex restrooms"

7. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

My favorite is cisgender. Honestly thought it was a joke when I first read about it.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

10 yr old girl to dad: "Daddy daddy, I gotta pee!"
    Dad: "Restrooms are there, go my dear"
    Girl enters women's restrooms.
    45 yo male enters the same restrooms.

Now you can't stop the 45yo male.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Well in theory then - they can't stop the dad from going in and keeping watch on his daughter, right?

10. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Why do liberals try to put labels on everything?

Gawd, 45 years ago Meathead was telling Archie why he was wanting to label people and Meathead was the liberal!
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016 ---
    Market economics and obeying the will of the people, surely, since Target has always been LGTBQSSSSAPQMD-friendly and doesn't want to betray the segment of the population who have the most disposable income according to stereotype... Why are people having such tantrums, again?

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

They don't. Liberals generally step in to protect folks that are first labeled by the conservatives, and second persecuted for having that label. In the matter at hand, nobody cared until GOP-led state legislators and GOP governors passed laws about where certain folks can't poop.

12. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

It's just well-deserved push back.

What was perpetually seen on back pages of rags like the Village Voice is now in everyone's face, simply because of a well-funded radical element that, as this is written, is toiling to ensure it permeates every facet of living.

13. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

and then what? please finish your story.

14. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

SO? go in with the daughter.

16. 617aircav Suspended

As it should be. Male, Female and others. Every one is happy.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Must only be red states because the Target's around me are as busy as ever! And I just bought a bunch of stuff there Sunday, so I am doing my part. :D

18. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

But where does it say trans people will be made to use the single occupancy bathrooms? It's just an added option for anyone to use if not comfortable with public bathrooms. They can still use the one that matches their gender identity if they choose to. How much is this really backpeddaling? It seems more like they're installing single occupancy bathrooms more as an option for the "cupcakes" who are afraid of sharing a public bathroom with a trans person.

19. smallcoffee macrumors 65816

10 ye old boy to mom:
    "Mommy mommy, I gotta pee!"
    Mom: "Restrooms are there, go my dear"
    Boy enters men's restrooms.
    45 yo woman enters same restrooms.

Oh wait we are only stereotyping men as sex offenders. Crap. Sorry I messed up.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Wait.. single occupancy restrooms?

You mean like the family restrooms they already have, fully equipped with changing table for any babies?

Sounds to me like @FieldingMellish trying to create a political/social Denali out of a backyard anthill. Again.

BL.

21. HEK Suspended

HEK

Traumatized during paddy training. Goes along with issues about sex, women's sexual organs, birth, breast feeding. But guns, violence, death penalty, drone strikes, all seem pretty much ok. Probably something to do with puritanical religious zealotry. Old Testament god liked to punish and smote left and right, and got real anxious about sex and such.

22. yaxomoxay, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

No I just wrote a single case out of many as an example.
    Yes they can. The women's restroom is for those that claim to be women, right? Daddy doesn't feel like a woman so he has two choose: obey the law, lie and pretend to feel like a woman.
    You can't unless you claim that you are a woman because you feel like one

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I thought this policy meant that they can't ask. Isn't that what some are arguing? That anyone can just go in if that's who they identify as?

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

There are different layers to this. The clerks are not allowed to ask by company policy, but someone else can either ask or call the cops on the person.

25. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Isn't that the case?