Price Advice Suggested resell price for late 2010 15'' Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BlackFalcon448, Oct 10, 2011.

1. BlackFalcon448, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011

BlackFalcon448 macrumors member

Im planning on selling this macbook because I mainly use my ipad when I'm out and about now and I would prefer an iMac. The specs are listed below...

[​IMG]

By the way, it has the high res anti-glare screen...

What do you guys think a good price would be? It is in mint condition and I have all the boxes and packing materials.

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Without Applecare, I'd say something like $1400-1450. With Applecare, around $1500-1600.

You can get a refurb quad-core 2.0 for $1529, which depresses the value of what is a terrific computer.

[EDIT] Add for high-res anti-glare screen.

3. BlackFalcon448 thread starter macrumors member

I checked some completed ebay listings and I saw some going for over 2000 so it may have ALOT to do with finding the right buyer.

Im thinking of selling it on craigslist, because there is less of a chance of scams on it as far as I can tell. what do you think?

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Well, I've sold a couple on Craigslist without a problem--face to face meetings in public places (Starbucks, library, etc.), cash transaction. I've not yet had a problem.

With eBay, you have fees for eBay and Paypal to contend with, and there's no guarantee you'll get $2k for it--and as more and more people realize a quad core refurb is a lot less, you'll see fewer and fewer.

Hope that helps!