Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeshep

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Midwest US
My mom's 90th birthday is this weekend and i want to replace an old tube type monitor for her Mac Mini with a 24" flat screen - so she can see things a little better: )

Just a basic, subjective-advice question here. I'm on a very tight budget and ideally want something under $200 - it doesn't have to be anything fancy - just good dependable with decent resolution - Mini is a 2,1 - i'm figuring a VGA connector. I use a couple of Acers without problems in a recording studio that seem pretty dependable. Any advice on a good buy and where to find the best deals online also much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

mikeshep

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2008
Midwest US
Hi, thanks for your reply... I was checking this one out actually - looks like a good one. How do you think it compares to an "AOC" E2351F - it is 23 inch that's identified as a "widescreen" - out there for around the same price - but discounted right now to like, $129 at the office supply stores. Was considering that too. I don't know if this one is the same dimension - will have to compare em but appreciate your feedback!

Best,

Mike

This Asus for $164 would be a good deal for her.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi, thanks for your reply... I was checking this one out actually - looks like a good one. How do you think it compares to an "AOC" E2351F - it is 23 inch that's identified as a "widescreen" - out there for around the same price - but discounted right now to like, $129 at the office supply stores. Was considering that too. I don't know if this one is the same dimension - will have to compare em but appreciate your feedback!

Best,

Mike

The resolution on the two is the same and the specs are pretty close. For casual Mom use, I would just go with the AOC. That is a pretty good price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.