Suggestions for cleaning white iPhone 5 edges?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by insimbi, Nov 5, 2012.

1. insimbi macrumors 6502

insimbi

I've noticed some dirt that has wedged itself down between the glass and thin white plastic edge. I've tried and can't seem to get it out. It appears to have really got down in there. I guess I just need to stop being OCD and live with it.

2. iEs macrumors regular

iEs

Same issue. That's 1 of the main downside of owning the white iPhone. You will see the dirt more. After a while, you won't bother anymore and just SLAP ON a case

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yes. Dirt will also get stuck on the edges of the home button.

The more you fiddle around with it the more likely you'll push the dirt further into the edges.

4. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My white 4S has had a case since day 1, so I don't have any dirt or grime at all built up around the edges.

Maybe get a microfiber towel and spray a little screen cleaner, or even a little rubbing alcohol and gently wipe around the edges.

If you have a naked WHITE iPhone, you'll probably run into this problem.

Like I said, I have a case, and I take my case off and wipe my phone down at least once a week, and it still looks mint.

5. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Onto old iPhone I used a 25 gauge hypodermic needle to scrape the dirt out of the edges once in a while. It actually works quite well.