Suggestions for U.S Mobile Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davmcn, Mar 9, 2012.

1. davmcn macrumors regular

Hey all,

I just wanted to know if anyone has any idea what would be a good idea of a pre-paid plan or something that I could use while in the U.S.

I'm going over in about a month's time for around two weeks, and using my phone for communicating with a few customers is necessary.

Anyone know any good plans/Companies?

Also, where would I get a micro-sim... and if possible...

Is there any chance I could a micro-sim before going over??

Thanks guys!

I have a iPhone 4 16GB Factory Unlocked.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Do you need data or just phone calls? I know red pocket is pretty cheap, and uses the ATT network. There is also go phone with att as well as a pay as you go with TMO (forgot the name). It's really going to depend on whether you care about data or not. If you do, don't go TMO, they are restricted to Edge.

3. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Data would be nice, but not necessary

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Then red pocket or TMO will liekly be your cheapest options. I also forgot to mention H2O. They also use ATT's network. I would search for those and compare prices. I know if you go into a TMO store they will provide you with a micro sim. Pretty sure nobody else will though. You can either buy a cutter tool yourself or you can check on eBay. The red pocket and H2O cards go for about $1, ATT and TMO for about $3-5.

5. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

The BEST two prepaid plans in America are SIMPLE mobile and StraightTalk. StraightTalk and SIMPLE Mobile gives you your choice of MicroSIM or Standard SIM for only 40$/month. You can use any GSM device provided it works on their frequencies. and for that 40/Month you get Unlimited Voice, Unlimited Text, AND Unlimited Data, and both work with ALL GSM iPhone models. The SIMs themselves are a little more expensive, but you'd be roughly be paying 50~60$ (Plan already included in price) upfront. :)

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Interesting. Simple mobile claims said plan is $60 now? :confused:

7. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

It looks like T-Mobile might be the best one.

----------

I'm looking on the T-Mobile website, and i'm attempting to purchase a Micro Sim Card, and it tells me I need to get a plan with that... I just want the pre-paid 3$ a day one .

How would that work... any thoughts ??