Suggestions on finding a 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlphaVictor87, Nov 6, 2011.

1. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

So just a simple question not trying to draw any long discussion out. Just wanting the opinions of forum members here.

I've been trying every night on apple.com to reserve a Black 16GB AT&T 4s. I saw ONE available 2 nights ago but wasn't quick enough.

So my question is..... Should i keep trying through the reservation system and wait to find one again? or should i just suck it up and order one online and then have it shipped to the store in 1 to 2 weeks? (i don't want it shipped home in case i'm not home to get it)

The reason i ask is because I've seen so many varying posts about people getting 4s's shipped to them. Some people get them in about 3 days, others ordered them over 2 weeks ago and STILL haven't gotten them.

And i'm nervous about the reservation system because if i wait and don't order it online, then i run the risk of not finding one in 2 weeks, and i just screwed myself over.

So any opinions will be helpful, i'll make a decision tomorrow afternoon hoping i get a lot of opinions on here.

Thanks!

2. jtgamer macrumors member

i would suggest just reserving one on the apple store site and pick it up at a local apple store, unless it is too far from your location.

3. apple.pseudofan macrumors regular

Was able to get one in fresno, ca yesterday after reserving at 9PM Friday night. The area apple stores were mixed inventories. Good luck

4. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I feel like my Apple stores are getting screwed over for AT&T versions. I have 2 local Apple stores, and neither one of them has really anything in stock to reserve every night. And i'm refreshing about every 5 seconds as soon as 9pm hits so i know i'm at least seeing a glimpse, even if some sell out fast. Like i said i saw a black 16GB AT&T one, ONE night but i got locked up on the web page and missed out. Other than that night AT&T usually gets about 1 color of 1 size and its usually a 64GB or 32GB.

I'm really hoping since its a new week, maybe they'll get a huge shipment tomorrow and then tomorrow night at 9pm i can get really lucky.

I'm also going to try and call some local AT&T stores because the few i've talked to think they might be getting a shipment tomorrow.

5. jtgamer macrumors member

as far for reserving for pick up at the apple store, i would pick out the 3 closest stores and go on the reservation site. if one store don't have the phone, then look at the other store. as soon you find it at one of the 3 stores, just fill out the info on the next few pages and submit. if it times out when you submit it, hit back and send it again. that's how i got my phone.

6. screce macrumors newbie

better to buy it in the nearest apple store instead take a risk online,

7. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

well i guess it looks like i'll just keep trying the reservation system.

I'm not doing it on my computer anymore either, the apple store app on my phone seems to be a much better system.

8. d0ster macrumors regular

Check RadioShack. I got mine yesterday and they had quite a few left for all carriers. I guess no one really goes to "the shack" anymore lol. Good luck.

9. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Check Walmart or SAMs Club. The Walmart in West Branch Mi had a bunch of them, when no Verizon Best Buy or Apple stores had them within 200 miles.

10. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I thought of something completely different when I saw the title of the thread. I thought it was another one of those threads where OP "found" an iPhone 4/4S and didn't know what to do with it.

11. Waggins macrumors newbie

Go to the AT&T store. Commissioned salespeople (I'm assuming they are) will. Always work a little harder to find one for you.

I waited for three weeks and still haven't heard from best buy. Went to the sprint store and the guy called me bac within an hour and had a black and a white 16gb phone for me and my wife.

12. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

If you have access to another iPhone or an iPad, download the Apple store app and try reserving through that. IMO it's always better to buy through Apple because their customer service and return policy is superior if you have an issue with your device. Be ready at 8:55 PM (your time zone) to start trying to reserve. I tried for a week to reserve online using various browsers (Safari, Chrome, and Firefox) with no success because of overloaded servers but got the 32GB white ATT model reserved the second night I tried with the Apple store app:). Good luck!

13. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Here is the simple way to do this. Open multiple of browsers with www.apple.com/retail/iphone and have all of them ready at the select state and the local apple store page. When it hits 9 PM hit next one the first browser, if failed, go to the next browser and rinse and repeat.

In my experience, I reserved mine on 10/20/11 and picked mine up on 10/21/11. I reserved mine at 9:03 PM, although I kept doing it at 9 PM, it kept saying unavailable, so I kept trying at finally at 9:03 PM everything from Unavailable to "Available". It's possible there could be delays but keep trying.

14. AlphaVictor87, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

lol sorry about that, guess it should have been "Suggestions FOR finding a 4s"

Eric: thanks i'll check some local walmarts to see if they have anything

Waggins: i'm going to try and go to an AT&T store today as some of my local ones said they thought they might get a shipment in today

Koigirl: yah i have the apple store app, i've been trying that because my browser tends to lock up when trying to go to apple.com

Shadowbeach: thanks, thats been my regiment every night this week lol i guess i gotta hope some stores will get them in sooner or later and i can be fast enough!

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice! looks like i'm just going to keep trying the reservation system!

15. AlphaVictor87 thread starter macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

UPDATE:

Keep calling your apple stores people! i was about done calling stores today, and i happened to call my last local apple store. They had JUST gotten a shipment in TODAY so i raced over there doing about 80 on the highway like a madman and got one snatched up!!!

Good luck to everyone else trying to find themselves an iphone 4s!!!