Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

josephx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
New York, NY
I've been searching high-and-low through the flotsam of laptop cases -- "high end" leather ones included -- and am just looking for something simple. Allow me to elaborate.

I live in New York. I carry a relatively expensive shoulder bag that fits my laptop (12" Powerbook G4) perfectly but does not pad it in any respect. I have made-do as long as possible, but now I really need a simple laptop sleeve to fit.

Can anyone recommend a simple laptop sleeve, preferrably black, with few to no pockets? I don't want some bulky bag replacement, I just want a sleeve to put my Powerbook in.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-joe.

MoparShaha

Contributor
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
I just bought one of these and think it's great. It fits my 12" PB perfectly. Actually, its custom made to fit it. It is perfectly flat on both sides, very slim. I use it to put my PB in my backpack. It also has a detachable shoulder strap and handles if you want to use it as a stand-alone bag, but its primarily designed to be used inside a larger bag.

scottwat

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
Ohio USA
I think you just kind of want s padded sleeve to go inside your nice expensive bag? If I'm correct, you might be able to find a cheap messenger bag at something like Gap, thats where I found mind. it had a padded sleeve in it. You might be able to go that route, then you would still have a little messenger bag to use for other stuff, and maybe save some money along the way. Also the one I got fit a 12" iBook quite well.

KBFinFan

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2003
Connecticut, USA
I can't stress how great my Tom Bihn Brain Cell is..www.tombihn.com

It's a soft sided case in black (or other colors) with hard sided plastic lining. It has a mesh pocket for like a few CDs or the power cord.. but its not noticeable. It's very soft on the inside but at the same time provides protection on all corners of the case. It is a little pricey at around $50, but what's $50 when you invest thousands on a new computer. It can also be attached to other Tom Bihn bags if you want to expand in the future.

Recommended without Reservations

josephx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
New York, NY
I just ordered a laptop sleeve from Tom Bihn. It is literally the exact thing I was looking for. Thanks, everyone, for your help and suggestions!

My Powerbook will rest comfortably and securely,
-joe.

http://www.josephx.com

KBFinFan

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2003
Connecticut, USA
Originally posted by josephx
I just ordered a laptop sleeve from Tom Bihn. It is literally the exact thing I was looking for. Thanks, everyone, for your help and suggestions!

Really glad you went with the Brain Cell.. its underrated I think. Apple should really consider reselling them in their retail stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.