Suicide bomber hides bomb in anal cavity

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Oct 19, 2009.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I wondered when this would be picked up on, it happened some time ago yet I've not seen it reported in mainstream media. It certainly raises some serious questions for security people.

3. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

:(

The War on Terror goes on in this nation, along with every other nation in the world, and this war needs to adjust to new terror attacks and methods. Al Qaeda and other terror entities are evolving in their methods and this nation must also evolve in our response. Suicidal terror attacks are the norm for such terrorists; utilizing internal body devices are simply an advance upon their methods. Feel good speeches and appeals to Muslim nations on such terror attacks will not work in fighting such threats!

I can foresee a time when civilian travel is negated due to such advanced threats as this; threats that normal TSA air travel security procedures cannot sufficiently address. Far worse, recent action to reward these attackers (release of Lockerbie bomber) only compound situation.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Security is generally much less tight when you aren't flying - certainly at least in terms of time (that is unless you are crossing the border by train from Malaysia to Singapore:rolleyes:)

5. djellison macrumors 68020

Hence the need for the Xray system being tested at Manchester.

I'm all for any technology that increases security, decreases waiting times. I'd be more than happy to walk through one.

The queue's for security recently at Glasgow and Luton airports (last Thur/Fri) were about 10 minutes. They were set up to handle about triple that with cattle-barriers etc.

6. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

One major way to combat terrorism is to cut their funding - which emanates from the Middle East. However, as long as we keep buying oil, we keep funding them - indirectly of course.

Are we going to stop this anytime soon? Don't think so, last time I checked - the gym parking lot was packed with trucks :rolleyes:

7. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

No jokes about the Vindaloo being a prototype they've being testing on the general public when they're too drunk to know any better for years?

:D

8. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

Theres a whole brainfart happeneing in my head right now (sorry)

-He can't keep it in there long, biology would force a 'call of nature'

-Reminds me or Austin Powers, "The Spy who Shagged Me"

-What happens if he has beans?

-World record flatulence.

-Don't light a match.

9. Deano.uk macrumors regular

Deano.uk

stop being a pain in the arse! :eek:

10. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

This story doesn't really surprise me. Anal cavity checks in prisons and common with drug runners. If one could swallow an explosive, they would.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You know when you're scrolling through the forum and something catches your eye, but what you thought you saw isn't what it actually is upon a second look?

Well, I saw anal cavity as I was scrolling but thought that my dirty mind must be playing tricks on me.

12. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Means you need to get some.

13. william sire macrumors regular

william sire

analysts fear this may be a new method of carrying explosives on a plane

Apropos is it not?

14. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

Meh, there are far easier ways of sneaking **** into airports and onto airplanes than hiding it up your ass.

The security checks for passengers are all theatrics to make people feel safe. In reality the airports are wide open security wise.

Not that I have had personal experience or anything, because I never brought a tool bag into an airport filled with screwdrivers, cutters, knives and a pack of 50 disposable razor blades or anything and was left unattended in the "sterile" zone.

15. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You are quite mis-informed. If it's just theatrics, then the terrorists would hijack planes every day. :rolleyes:

17. carlgo macrumors 68000

18. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-FX120

I'm sorry you feel that way, and I find myself curious as to why.

As a fellow that goes through Airport security at least twice a week in the US, and ha my fair share of searches, I can attest that it's definitely not theatrics. I have noticed varying vigilance however. I suppose it depends on what airport, and the folks staffed.

19. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

If you're putting on a show for the general public when in reality it's doing very little to actually solve the "problem", it's theatrics. This doesn't mean that the terminal security checks are a joke or, they take them very seriously and I bet it's somewhat difficult to slip a knife or a tube of toothpaste filled with explosive past them. But this is only part of the security of the airports, and unfortunately the rest falls severely short of being close to secure.

The TSA might be stopping grandmothers with sewing scissors from getting through and trying to hijack a plane, but anyone and I mean anyone with a little bit of working knowledge about airports and the real security there would have no problem getting anything into an airport and aboard a plane.

20. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-FX120

Hmmm. I see your point and have had plenty of time on the tarmac to think about it, and you are correct: a determined enough person with even the smallest bit of creativity will find the cracks. Let's not discuss them.

I don't want to give any schmoes any ideas.

Though an interesting idea came to me just now: why doesn't the TSA invite creative ideas from the traveling public? I can guarantee I've put several times more flights in than pretty much an TSA security agent.

EDIT: I did just think of one creative thing they sometimes do: random spot checks at the gate.

21. iowamensan macrumors 6502

22. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

You know, I hate to butt in to a serious conversation. However, I could see this tactic leading to a bad case of explosive diarrhea.

23. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Speaking of explosive diarrhea, if the TSA ever starts searching up there for explosives, I'll make sure to eat a healthy diet of Taco Bell and White Castle before flying :D

24. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I was going to leave a comment with something about "blow it out your a*s", but you beat me to the concept...

(shakes tiny fist) :D

25. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Imagine if he just was about to get past security and he just unloads right then and there :eek: