Suit Against New York Gay Marriage Law May Proceed

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Nov 29, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They really will stop at nothing. The level of hate is unreal.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_...gainst_New_York_Gay_Marriage_Law_May_Proceed/

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Beyond all of the above. Those people are sad excuses for human beings.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Well people have a right to bring law suits... but I have the right to laugh at the crazy-backwards people when they fail. :D

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This stuff pisses me off so much and I hate reading it, but it's too important to ignore. It's just one of those things.

Every time something like this is posted, I subconsciously translate it in my head as, "Reminder: People are still generally fantastic a-holes."

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

The most ironic part is the name of the group suing the state. "New yorkers for constitutional freedom"? They're clearly opposed to any type of freedom since they're so intent on stopping people from being happy. What a disgusting excuse for human beings. Their children will be ashamed of them.

They claim they're upset that the gay marriage legalization wasn't done properly and that's why they're suing, but they know damn well if it were a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage that was done improperly they would have no problem with it.

7. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Oh for ****s sake. The fact that you're having votes on granting citizens basic human rights is insane alone, and you keep throwing stuff like this?

USA, please. The 21st century is actually a quite nice place. We have good food, and our parties aren't too shabby either. Standing invitation. :)

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Rest assured- people like this will never go away, even once it's legal throughout the country. They will always hate us no matter what.

9. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Same with every other "different" group. I know it's a silly saying, but it's true: Haters gonna hate.

10. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

They are making a concerted effort to put "emotion" issues onto any ballot or any question of issues they can. The reason being they can get people who would vote Democrat based on the economy, jobs, and everything else, to throw all that out the window because they are scared of gays, flag burning and those brown people down south.

(edit) Just wait till English as a national language rears its ugly head again.

11. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

A suit such as this is just bloody ridiculous and makes be so happy to be living in a green land that does not have these extremes of opinion.

KGB:)

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I wish I had so much free time I could file a lawsuit against anybody who did anything that bothered me. Don't these Christians have anything better to do? If they spend half as much time helping people as they did trying to knock down those who don't follow their precious lord, this world would be a perfect place to live in.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No matter how many times I ask, I can't get an answer to this question…how does gay marriage affect you?

14. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Because, think of the children dude.