Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodywoodz

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
NewYork
Just found this gievaway and would like to share it here.
Digiarty is offering downloads of MacX DVD Ripper Pro ($59.95 valued) for free. It allows users to rip homemade and protected DVDs to MP4, H.264, MOV, FLV, MPEG, AVI, etc for playing on iPhone, iPad, Android, WP8, PSP and other mobile devices with top video quality. Deal ends on August 25, 2014.

http://www.macxdvd.com/giveaway/macx-dvd-ripper-pro-giveaway.htm

Warm prompt: Backup DVD is illegal in some places. So abide by the local law first :)

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
Yes but...

This is a good deal as they are giving away the software for free; however, there is always a catch. This is not necessarily a trial as you are able to use the full version and it does not expire as far as i can tell. However, you are only able to rip 5 min of video with this version. I will say that the full versions are "on sale" conveniently and if you need the software you can get the full versions of everything for $40 i believe. So yes it is free but no it isn't truly free (is anything ever free?).

imaccooper

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2014
North Carolina
The first time I opened the software it had a pop up which said i would be limited to 5 min. worth of conversion unless I bought the full version. Still a good program and honestly a pretty good deal for the full version if you need that type of software.

woodywoodz

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
NewYork
I did not meet the condition as you said. Have you entered the license key to activate the program? Or you can only use program for a few minutes.
I downloaded a Zip file from their giveaway page. The license key and the setup file of the program are included in the Zip file. After I opened the software, there is a pop-up window asking me to enter the key. After I put my code BD-XXXXX-XXXXX and clicked the "Activate" button on the right, I can use the full functions of the program No limitation at all.

You can try again.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
That makes more sense.....back when I downloaded it during one of these giveaways (Thanksgiving???) it registered fine with the key they gave me and I used it for several movies with no limitations.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
I was wondering if this was worth installing? I have a SSD and don't want to fill it up with extraneous software.

What extra does it offer over Handbrake and libdvdcss?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.