Summit Mall, Akron, Ohio

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by smarks90, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smarks90 macrumors regular

Anyone headed out to Summit Mall late tonight/tomorrow for the launch event? Just curious :) I'll be there!

What time are you getting there?

The line will form outside before 7am and at 7am the mall will open the doors at the food court entrance and walk us to the Apple store where we can continue to wait in line until 8 when they will open and begin selling.

2. smarks90 thread starter macrumors regular

3. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

I started a thread a few days ago. I'll be there around 5am.

Also I didn't know which door is going to be open, so good to know it's the food court one. Where'd you hear that from? I also thought doors open at 6am...

4. smarks90 thread starter macrumors regular

I talked with someone at the mall on Tuesday :)

----------

Their response: Hi Shawn!

Signs will be posted on all mall entrance doors directing Apple customers to stand in line outside the food court entrance. The food court entrance will open at 7am and Apple customers will be walked to the Apple store where they can stand in line until the store opens at 8am.

All other mall entrances will open at 7:30am as usual.

Apple is planning to have hot chocolate available to customers standing in line. Good luck in securing your new iPhone V and enjoy the experience!

You may also benefit from visiting Summit Mall on Facebook for similar information in connection with other retailers of interest.

Thank you.

Dean Phillips
    Area Mall Manager
    Summit Mall / Richmond Town Square
    3265 W. Market Street
    Akron, OH 44333
    Office: 330.867.6997
    Fax:

5. junebug1 macrumors regular

Would love to know what is going on up there. Gonna drive in for launch but am 1.5 hours away and don't want to be surprised with a huge line. If anyone is around a heads up would be greatly appreciated.

6. smarks90 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm headed up to scope things out around 2:30, ill post here what I see. I'd imagine things won't start to get crazy until 5:30 or 6, but km not taking any chances

7. junebug1 macrumors regular

Yeah I'm leaving at 4AM and should be there around 5:30. Hope that is early enough to secure one!

8. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

9. Buckeyes1995 macrumors member

Any update on the line. Thinking of heading up at 7:30am or so but don't want to waste a trip.

This would be my first launch day event... what, historically, has been the availability after the initial "rush"? Is the Iphone 5S supply challenge similiar to any other Iphone previous?

Thanks!

10. smarks90 thread starter macrumors regular

Line isn't too bad ATM. Starting to get a bit longer. I'd guess about 50-65 in line? The sleepers in the front are hard to count though :p

11. Buckeyes1995 macrumors member

About 30 left in line. They have every carrier and model in Space Gray except 16GB AT&T still available. White and Gold are sold out. Everyone in line has a ticket.

12. bisnicks macrumors regular

13. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

My wife & I might go wait in line. Not sure what time we'll get there though. Prolly show up around 1 am .... You goin to wait at Summit Mall?

14. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Seeing this thread, I had to say "Hi", born in Akron and many of my childhood memories are at that mall. Okay, back to the meet ups.

15. bisnicks macrumors regular

I had a change of plans. Apple's website was down for way too long. I planned to pick it up in store but ended up going through Verizon. Guess I'll at least avoid the lines.

16. etcetera. macrumors newbie

I will be there. Lining up by myself. If anyone wants to team up for bathroom breaks let me know! I plan on being there by 4am-ish

17. TTile macrumors 6502

I'll be out around that time. I want to get at least some sleep tonight versus standing out there all night.

18. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

It's 1:30 am - about 75 to 100 people in line.....

19. etcetera. macrumors newbie

I'm here. About 70ish people here.. Some significant others in tow.. Just hope they have more than a hundred 6+

20. Brettia macrumors newbie

How's the line looking now? and I wonder how many have pre-ordered and picked in store pick up

21. Bresmama macrumors newbie

How many plus s did they have? AT&T said Apple didn't get any and neither did they!

22. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

Apple Store at Summit Mall had plenty of the plus's. I was in line with a guy from the att corporate store. He said no Att store in NE Ohio got any of the plus's. Plenty of the regular size 6's. He didn't know why this was. I almost went to a att store to camp out. Glad I didn't. I got my Att 128gb space grey 6plus no problems.

23. Bresmama macrumors newbie

24. Bresmama macrumors newbie

25. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

I Got one. I don't know how many they had total. I was about 30th in line and got one no problem. 128gb 6 plus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.