Sunday Times profile of Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by talkingfuture, Aug 17, 2009.

1. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

Can't see this posted elsewhere. The Sunday Times in the UK featured a profile of Steve Jobs yesterday. Its a long article but worth a read.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article6794844.ece

Seems to have borrowed a lot of story from rumour and news sites. I don't think it reinforces enough that "Bad Steve" is just as important to the success of the product as "Good Steve".

2. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

I wasn't very happy with the article. I didn't really examine it, but here's a few problems.

1. The author referred to him(her)self a few times. Not good practice to do.

2. There were quite a few things referred to as fact when it's highly debatable still, such as the existence of a tablet that will be based on the iPhone OS. According to the article, it's a given that just such a tablet is coming out, which may or may not be true.

3. It didn't say anything new. Why write something that only repeats what's already been said?

So.... yeah. Read it if you want, I didn't really enjoy it though.
    Nate

3. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's just another article..
    There are millions out there.

4. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

Ok? This is the one that's sitting in front of me that I read. I was simply commenting on it's quality.

Nate