Supply of Apple's 27" iMac drying up as Ivy Bridge upgrade awaits

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 24Frames, Jul 5, 2012.

1. 24Frames macrumors regular

2. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

3. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

4. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Going on holiday now. If a new iMac won't be available when I'm back I don't know what I should do? Buy the old hog which soon is closing in on 500 days old :( old just keep waiting... Anyway stocks o the old iMac seem to dwindle, so I guess it's still possible to keep my hopes up

5. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

429 days old according to the Buyers guide, I guess it depends on what you mean by 'soon' and 'closing in', but I would suggest we're a couple of months away from closing in and that doesn't merit soon round my way :)

6. Nandifix macrumors 6502

I hope this is true. Still looking for a late July release.

7. 24Frames thread starter macrumors regular

Tuesday July 24th perhaps?
    Mountain Lion update.
    iMac update.
    Mac Mini update as well.
    Without the hardware update ML might look a bit lame?

Clears the decks for iPhone 5 update in October.

8. HurryKayne macrumors 6502a

Well it makes sense to show new MOuntain Lion Screenshoots within new Imac frame.
    Mac mini?Maybe,but i think will go silent beside while all the show on the main page will be focused on new Imac and new Os,thats if only Fall rumors aren't true.

9. sainsburys macrumors regular

We MUST be strong and wait. It's nonsense to pay such big amount of money for 400+ days old computer.
    And I MUST be in this month.

10. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Except that Apple seems to be defying Logic lately and often we get less than we had hoped for and later than we thought. Unfortunately, the dragging out till the Fall seems more in keeping with the state of things lately.

11. Pacwell macrumors member

Well Apples plan worked. Not realeasing an Imac refresh got me to purchase a maxed out RMBP instead of a maxed out Imac. Therefore taking more of my money!

12. eswank macrumors 6502

Damn. I hope it's all worth it. I was at the Apple Store the other day and that rMBP is so sexy!

13. Rebel Hedgehog macrumors member

Wish I could. I Have HE status until July 13th only (expires then) and really can't pass up on be substantial discounts on both the hardware and apple care:(

14. radiohed macrumors regular

If we continue to see reseller supplies drying up, then the new iMac should be coming shortly. Sometimes glitches in the supply chain just create temporary shortages. I hope this does mean a new iMac is being released this month. :eek:

15. NeXT MacRumors macrumors member

Released in either July or October

I think that the iMac will be released later on this month and if not, then it will be released in October

16. glitch44 macrumors 65816

I feel like AppleInsider is playing both sides of the fence:

Tuesday, July 3, 2012
    Production of Apple's next iMac to begin this month for October launch - report

Wednesday, July 4, 2012
    Supply of Apple's 27" iMac drying up as Ivy Bridge upgrade awaits

17. Rebel Hedgehog macrumors member

To people not think that if the iMac was coming out in just over a couple of weeks there would have been some sort of hardware leak or component leak, no matter now big or small the refresh. There's been nothing.

18. vladfein macrumors regular

It is just over ONE year!
    If you want to make the number look really impressive, count hours :)

19. Luvin macrumors member

Remember the geekbench results? That's pretty much a parts leak in my book... I don't ever recall a part leak before an iMac release anyway unless it had to do with a redesign. This is a desktop computer we're talking about here... not an iPhone or iPod where you can stick something in your pocket. :p

20. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

There was actually. http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/657744

And the reason your not seeing anything else is that the only other thing the iMac is getting is USB 3.0.

I actually hope there isn't an update because I just bought an iMac and its going to suck if three weeks later its refreshed with USB 3.0.

21. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

not even the redesign (when the current design came out 2009) had partleaks..-it was actually only rumored the day before the release.

22. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

Unless you both are privy to Apple's plans, supply logistics and marketing strategy, I'm not sure you can judge what's 'logical', let alone whether Apple are acting that way. Basically, all we can deal with in here is varying degrees of speculation :cool:

23. Luvin macrumors member

Good point! That was too far back for me to remember. Thanks for correcting me.

24. iMcLovin, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Well, it´s illogical because it sucks not getting a new imac when you have a bank account saved up for a cool new computer and Apple won´t let me spend it. And, saying buy the 2011 doesn´t do it for me....If I want fresh bread for breakfast I don´t settle with some moldy old leftover bread - at least I would expect some serious discount from the bakery :(

25. Overg macrumors 6502

Giving this news and the evidence around the globe that indeed the 27 inch is drying up.
    Let's play the logic game more, let's assume that apple will release the iMac in October, what will happen in the next two months?
    People won't be able to buy iMac around the world?
    Do you think that a company that sells so many computers will loss two months of sales? Almost full quarter? That totally disasraterous in company world.

If that happen I can conclude two things:
    1) apple stock will dive down
    2) someone at apple ****ed up really bad.

So if apple don't want their stock to dive, and assuming no one ****ed up, I bet ml release, as the date.

Also about the part leak, in case where nothing is changing in the machine, what there is to leak??
    Did we see MacBook air leaks? Or regular MacBook pro? Before wwdc?