Supposed elongated iPhone - Apps?

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm a believer that the 6th gen iPhone will have be elongated and have the 4" screen.

I've seen a number of mock ups that shows black bars (when in landscape) either side of the app. Will this be permanent or will it be like the retina display where developers will just update their app to fit the screen if they wish?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
If you get the sarcasm, doesn't that mean that you know the answer already?

There's no reason for Apple not to let developers update their app for the new screen ratio. In the meantime I guess there will be black bars.
To take that even a step further, how do we even know we will have said bars on the sides? The question is based solely on a mock-up.

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
If you get the sarcasm, doesn't that mean that you know the answer already?

There's no reason for Apple not to let developers update their app for the new screen ratio. In the meantime I guess there will be black bars.
I would have believed it, but I knew it was sarcasm when he said "no changes can made ever". Thanks for the reply though :)

To take that even a step further, how do we even know we will have said bars on the sides? The question is based solely on a mock-up.
I did say I'm going by mock ups.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I did say I'm going by mock ups.
I realize that. But being that the mock-up is something completely unofficial, how is the question you asked something anyone can answer with even the remotest sense of accuracy? You'd do better asking the artist. But even then the artist could only tell you what's in his/her imagination, and not at all what Apple may or may not be planning.