Supposed to be delivered by today, but stuck in Shanghai

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trjk434, Jan 30, 2014.

1. trjk434 macrumors newbie

Hi I ordered my Mac a few days ago, and according to the UPS tracking information, it is supposed to be here by this afternoon.
    However, tracking shows that it hasn't moved a single bit from Shanghai since Jan 28.
    Has anyone gone through anything similar?

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

More than half of the US has been experiencing bad weather. UPS has halted delivery to the entire state of Georgia and much of the Southeast. You'll probably be waiting a while longer as they work to clear the backlog.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Could be stuck in customs (that happens from time to time), and as mentioned by saturnotaku, weather related issues could have also caused back ups for deliveries.

There's nothing you can do until it misses the estimated date, then you can call, but I suspect any answer will be along the lines that it will arrive when it arrives, i.e., we don't have any specific info

4. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

If it is still in Shanghai than you are out of luck. The whole of China is shut down right now for Chinese New Year (most people are back at work on Feb 7). In addition to that I know that today many (passenger) flights out of Shanghai are canceled or delayed. You'll have to be patient

5. eneisch macrumors 6502a

If UPS still says it will be there by this afternoon I think you still have a chance. I've noticed with previous UPS shipments from Apple that came from China that it will say its in China until the last moment and then all of a sudden a flurry of activity is added to my tracking details and the item has been delivered on time.

Good Luck!

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have expierenced this too with UPS tracking, not from apple both other packages that look like they have not moved and than the door bell rings

7. trjk434 thread starter macrumors newbie

The expected delivery just changed to unavail.
    I guess that's another week now great!
    I think its the weather.
    We gotta work harder to make this global warming happen for good..

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Perspective. Deliveries all over are delayed. There is nothing you can do about it short of just waiting. I got an e-mail from Amazon about something I need by Saturday being delayed. I ordered it in enough time but you know what? my first thought was "as long as people are safe". It was early in the morning and I admit, I may be overly nice about it, but frankly, I don't need my crap so bad that I would want to hear about a driver getting hurt while rushing to deliver my stuff.