Supreme Court Rejects Atheists’ Attempt to Scrub ‘In God We Trust’ Off US Currency

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
As much as we're supposed to have secularist between state and church, it never seems to be honoured by those in power who would rather cater and pander to their religious bases.

Heck, Canadian National anthem gets changed to be more inclusive to have "Thy Sons" become "All of us".

yet, "God" is still in our anthem. What a joke. god needs to be removed completely from governance. God, and every other religion of course.

VulchR

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
I would prefer something like 'In the people we trust' or 'In the Constitution we trust'. I am surprised the Supreme Court allowed this, for they have ruled in the past that freedom of religion entails freedom from religion.

RichardMZhlubb

Contributor
Nov 26, 2010
Washington, DC
Reactions: Night Spring

JagdTiger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
It’s a Supreme Court decision, which will be reported in numerous publications. I’m not sure what your point is here since you only posted a link, but do you not see how it undermines your credibility completely when your chosen source for the story is something called prophecyinthenews.com?
How so?

jerwin

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2015
Ayn Rand's body lay next to the symbol she had adopted as her own - a six-foot dollar sign. Outside the funeral home, her followers, some in jeans and some in furs, stood in the cold waiting to pay her tribute.

From 7 to 9 o'clock Monday night, 800 admirers of the novelist and philosopher passed through the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home at Madison Avenue and 81st Street. Some wept as they spoke of her in hushed tones, and some glowed as they described how she had changed their lives.
FOLLOWERS OF AYN RAND PROVIDE A FINAL TRIBUTE

benshive

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2017
United States
"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."
- Thomas Jefferson

It never should have been put on our money in the first place.

Reactions: jerwin and VulchR

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
I don't think it belongs on money, and I recognize that many of these instances of "God" in government were added during the Cold War era and have nothing to do with the Founding Fathers, but I don't personally care that it's there.
Same here. Don't really care either way.

I say conservatives should put up a fight, but let the crazies go too far as usual and then let them win.

LordVic

macrumors 603
Sep 7, 2011
its amusing because "in god we trust" didn't even exist o the paper money until the 1950's...

It was added to pander to religious voters.
[doublepost=1560799946][/doublepost]
we spent almost the entirety of thursday trying to outline why most of the sources you use are absolutely B.S.

it amuses me to no end that you completely missed that lesson. A lesson that "both sides" tried to even reinforce.

basically. Even the Left and Right think your sources are bullcrap that are targetted for an extreme subset of people who are looking for a specific narrative, whether that narrative is valid or not.

My recommendation is you delete every one of your bookmarks and start again :p

colourfastt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2009
Same here. Don't really care either way.

I say conservatives should put up a fight, but let the crazies go too far as usual and then let them win.
I have an idea: alternate weeks -- one week put "In God We Trust" and the next week "Allāhu akbar".