Surprised we haven't seen a Gold/Black yet

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattshort, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mattshort macrumors member

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Gold/Black (and the accompanying White/Gray) swap yet. Honestly, I think those are the most compelling color combos (especially since they're not officially available).

How long do you think it'll take before someone 1) has both in hand and 2) has the balls to take them apart and swap frames?

2. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Screen is easy it's the black top and bottom plate that's tricky

3. g4manimac macrumors 6502

I actually just put a rose gold back with the black glass on my wifes 5,I think it will be quite a while on the 5s because as of now the large majority of owners are the original owners and paid enough for the phone to care whether or not they void they're warranty now when you start to see a lot of second and third hand 5s thats when you start to see heavy modifications not ruling out the people like me who gotta modify the device but even I am not particularly in a rush to rip apart my under warranty 5s any time soon if ever at least not while under warranty + im quite satisfied with the space grey along with the fact I usually have some sort of case on 90% of the time which would ruin the purpose of any changes to the back.

4. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

The Gold looks way better in person than any of the pictures. Reminds me of an old 80's digital watch I owned.

I wouldn't buy it with the white face though, would much prefer it in black.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I'd love to see it!

If I had a proper place to tear them apart and reassemble, I'd be tempted to do it myself.

6. mattshort thread starter macrumors member

Don't forget the ~$1500 to buy both models.

7. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I've already got the SG model and I'm a self-employed small business owner. :D

I'll be buying a second one December, anyway, for my son for Christmas.