Surprisingly - as good as they are - iPhones swim well!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nzmc36, May 31, 2011.

1. nzmc36 macrumors member

We'll after having a number of phones, and iPhones since iPhone 2, my last phone took a dive with me after a long bike (cycle) ride into the pool... I was mid air racing my lad to the volley ball, about to hit the water, when a strange thought went through my mind... did I, or did I not take my phone out of my pocket - followed by 'oh crap' :eek:

Anyway, a dead phone followed... and the point of all this... well, I don't want to get replacement with the next version so close, so got a Samsung smart phone as a 'pay as you go' device to hold me over (only half decent phone AT&T had).... interestingly, it does email, text, address's and all that good stuff - but like a smack in the face with a wet fish it has reminded me how good the iPhone is... this thing is just awful - truly awful. Okay, it's not comparing apples for apples :) but I really really really want my old phone back :(

Needless to say - the day the next version is launched is not a day too soon!!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What's getting a replacement for $200 have to do with the next generation beeing close.
    You can pay for the out of warranty fee and then turn around and sell it for $400 towards the next purhcase;)
    It wont extend your contract btw.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

+1. The samsung phone price was probably somewhere around the $200replacement from apple.

4. nzmc36 thread starter macrumors member

$80

Good point - I should have looked at that - can't say the good folks (...) at AT&T mentioned a repair. However the reason for the Samsung was that it was less than $80 with no contract and I can hand it off to the kids as a travel phone when I'm done. If it is $200 for a out of warranty repair it would be a tough call as I'm up-grading this year anyway.... so if it's only 2-3 months away, that's okay...12 months is more of a problem.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'll take your water damaged iPhone off your hands then:)

6. nzmc36 thread starter macrumors member

:)

Well - I haven't lost all hope :)