Survivors Of The Aurora Massacre Will Now Have To Pay $700K To Cinemark

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 1, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://uproxx.com/news/aurora-massacre-survivors-must-pay-cinemark/
    here is the kicker.
    they were offered a settlement by the theater, greed/stupidity or BOTH made them reject it in hopes of a pay out.

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I believe the original offer by Cinemark was $150K split among 40+ plaintiffs. While I can't comment on the exact nature of the suit then brought against them - this seems like a classic lose-lose scenario. I'm sure the PR at Cinemark will have their hands full with the repercussions...

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Most public places have security. Why did the theater not even hire a guard or usher to be one? Or even a camera hooked up, they're like $50 on NewEgg?

Or why, in a conceal carry state, did the theater dictate people could not carry weapons there? The company has a right to disallow that but if it has no system in place to compensate.... yeah, it's all lose-lose either way but I have a feeling the theater will be pimping out more commercials and $50 popcorn followed by no customers because nobody is going to want to see a movie there anymore.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

What are people expecting? TSA security theatre at the theatre? What is an unarmed guard going to do? A camera is going to do what? Give liveleak some new material after the fact?
    Yes the theatre was posted no carry because feelz.