Suspect Dead, 9 Injured In Ohio State University Attack

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ucfgrad93, Nov 28, 2016.

1. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad the perpetrator is dead, and I hope the injured recover fully.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/28/developing-active-shooter-alert-at-ohio-state.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...orts-active-shooter-columbus-campus/94540050/

2. Herdfan macrumors 6502

So he had no gun? Early reports were that there were 2 attackers and one had a gun. And of course the left was already all over the gun angle while ignoring the fact he was a refugee from a muslim country.

3. SusanK macrumors 68000

Not to worry. Kasich just gave a speech. That will make everything better.

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Well what he's supposed to do, tackle the terrorist a-la Rambo ?

5. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

People mistook the gun fire from the officer who shot the suspect, as coming from someone else.
    Reality is this was all over in less then 2-3 minutes according to the report from the police at the press conference.
    Which is the reason I take every initial report from the media with a 5 pound bag of salt.

The unclear tweets from OSU were not helpful either. I think they actually added to the confusion instead of helping.

6. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’m going to put not getting laid enough or at all as the motive. You can go ahead and dress it up with some other ideology if that makes you feel better, but we need to imprison or deport all people who aren’t getting laid enough or at all. Sexually satisfied people are a peaceful people.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

I wonder if is Nice was the inspiration for this attack that thankfully didn't kill anyone but the POS.

8. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Ok this really made me laugh out loud. Just got the stink eye from my cube neighbor. :p

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

10. SusanK macrumors 68000

As an Ohio resident I was simply commenting on Kasich's magical powers.

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

You know, that's the first thing I though of. It gets very intense before and after that game.

From the looks of everything, this could have been much worse. Here's hoping everyone ends up being OK.

12. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Good thing he only had a car and wasn't driving a large truck like what happened in France.

13. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Most probably he was a calm, peaceful guy otherwise, a loner, suffering from acute depression, a turned Christian, who had Breivik's picture on his wall. (I don't think I left anything out).

14. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

Apparently he complained about lack of Muslim prayer spaces on campus.

Can't say I was terribly surprised the attacker was Muslim, at least not now; though school attacks did once seem to be the domain of young troubled white men. Certainly this kind of attack will bolster the Trumpian narrative.

At least so far the victims haven't died, but we shall see.

15. pdqgp, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

It's been on the news all dang day. Slightly blown out of proportion IMO. He's an 18yr old Somali immigrant student. Drove his car over a curb hitting a group of students/people, jumped out with a knife and started attacking them but no one was killed. Bad news for him is the campus cops were already on-scene very close by for another matter.

The hush hush part is there were words exchanged but the media and others will not comment on what was said. That wreaks of suspicious behavior and a cover up for potential terror links IMO. I suspect there will be more information released on that soon. No doubt the survivors and those in the area heard what was said. Just a matter of time before it gets out. Their population here is is crap areas of town and for the most part aren't well received. Go figure.

The campus shooter alarm was triggered to get everyone safe. Anytime gun fire is heard or mentioned that type of alarm is going to go off and sent out. Again, great job to all the first-responders and hospital staff at the three local hospitals that received patients.

Blue Lives Matter - Nice Job to the police on scene! Great job by the officer who shot and killed the bad guy pretty much right away.

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

There's a funny scene in Generation Kill that hits on this very point.

17. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

It was probably a bad move to replace the Muslim prayer spaces with yet more safe spaces, and ironic given the result.

18. Herdfan macrumors 6502

My thought is if you can't hang the 10 Commandments in a public building due to the infamous (and missing) separation of church and state, then you can't have prayer rooms either.

19. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

I don't know most public campuses to have religious buildings on their property; there is a church, syangogue, and mosque not far from the campus I attend, but nothing like that on campus grounds. Perhaps for Muslims it's different because they must pray several times a day in a designated way. But I don't know the details about his complaint, so it's pretty vague at this point.

20. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No need to put prayer rooms. No they don't need to be different. Time to adapt to living in America not the other way around.

The irony in all this comes in his own words.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2016/11/28/abdul artan.jpg

21. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Complains that the media portrays Muslims a certain way, and then goes on a rampage with a car/knife. Genius. I hope the college didn't cut a check for these prayer spaces already, they don't belong on a college campus.

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I know of at least one.

23. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

He was scared of praying in public. Wonder why that is? White men and boys still do them.

24. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Except they have an area specifically for prayer on campus.

25. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Glad you're picking up the slack for my buddy.