SW Episode III trailer

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Walt Disney Animation Studios
obeygiant said:
P.S. now you can save the $9.50 you would've spent to see the Incredibles.
Screw that! The Incredibles is WAY worth the price of admission.

Crazy, I have friends who worked on Incredibles, AND Episode III (yoda to be specific). Bastards. Its a good time for them...

Jaz

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2004
Sydney, Australia
FYI Lots of other mirrors on the slashdot forums if these go down.

My review; some promise for cool scenes but we've been burned by Ep I and II so hard to be enthusiastic anymore.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Savage Henry said:
Bit of an un-engaging teaser, sorry.

That said, I'll still end up watching it, but not based on that trailer.

Are you Kidding me?

Lets see, its got the birth of Vader, Chewbacca, the Emperor wielding a red light saber, battling attack ships over Corescant.

It starts out with some shots/voice over from the old obi-wan but that is a good segway.

Jaz

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2004
Sydney, Australia
agreenster said:
Hell yeah, Brad Bird is an animation god and Pixar believe in story over cheap theatrics. Blame Disney for the crap tie-ins but the film itself will be fantastic. Go see a great film like The Incredibles, and consider the EpIII teaser as just another trailer you might catch ... which is just what it is after having seen it.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
agreenster said:

Crazy, I have friends who worked on Incredibles, AND Episode III (yoda to be specific). Bastards. Its a good time for them...

I know. I'll see the Incredibles anyway, and yes it is worth the admission.
Also, It seems like everyone knows somebody who worked on that film.

fugeelama

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2002
What a tease! There's just barely enough in there to whet everyone's appetite :mad: Let the countdown begin!

Savage Henry

macrumors 65816
obeygiant said:
Are you Kidding me?

Lets see, its got the birth of Vader, Chewbacca, the Emperor wielding a red light saber, battling attack ships over Corescant.

It starts out with some shots/voice over from the old obi-wan but that is a good segway.
The only decent thing that came out of eps I and II was the John Williams score. The plot for this one can't exactly be challanging since everyone knows both Obi & Annekin survive the fight scenes of the big crunch battle, so you can hardly get drawn into it. Chewi, the stormtroopers and full grown Boba Fett are just gonna be like nostalgic gap-fillers.

I'm pretty sure it won't go the way of the dreadful Matrix trilogy, but ep III is going have to be pretty damn amazing to get me into a state of above average excitement ... and this trailer just didn't do it for me. :(

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
boy i hope we will see darth vader for more than 5 minutes ... this trailer defiantly will make a lot of peopel excited..at least me...

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Definitely planning to see The Incredibles no matter what.

BUT

That trailer just sent chills down my spine. I admit, I really didn't like Episodes 1 & 2 as much as the original trilogy. However, I also barely comprehended the trailers for these two films as well (trade war, Gungans, what? Darth Maul, politics, politics, politics, oh wait, I see clones!). This trailer seems much more to the point, and hopefully Episode 3 will be as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
FoxyKaye said:
Definitely planning to see The Incredibles no matter what.

BUT

That trailer just sent chills down my spine. I admit, I really didn't like Episodes 1 & 2 as much as the original trilogy. However, I also barely comprehended the trailers for these two films as well (trade war, Gungans, what? Darth Maul, politics, politics, politics, oh wait, I see clones!). This trailer seems much more to the point, and hopefully Episode 3 will be as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I concur.

punch it, CHEWIE!

mvc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2003
Outer-Roa
Maybe they should rename it EPISODE 3 - THE LAST HOPE

Because its our last chance for Lucas to get it right.

That trailer looks promising, but trailers with cuts every half second can make anything look good and exciting.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
jsw said:
I think this might capture a bit of Episode 5. So far... it looks interesting.
That's exactly what I was thinking - and even like the name from #5, it shares the similarities of a darker evil getting the better of the light side of the force :D

Should be a good ride

D

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
I might be in the minority here, but I walked out of both Episodes 1 and 2 feeling entertained and thinking that the movie I just watched was actually pretty good. The Star Wars prequels really aren't as bad as people think, I think mostly it is 30 somethings that feel that Lucas has robbed them of thier youth by making "monstrosoties" like eps 1 and 2. Really the Star Wars prequals aren't as bad as people make them out to be, the Matrix on the other hand . . . I actually walked out of Matrix Revolutions, I thought it sucked that bad.

Can't wait for Revenge of the Sith

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Episodes I and II seemed to be more for kids. As the storyline progresses it seems to be getting a lot more adult. Hopefully this is the case with the third installment.

For 7,8 and 9, I hope that they will be at the most mature level, and that there the conclusion ties together the follies of the Empire versus what I hope will be the triumph of the Rebel Forces.

Either that, or they could really suck.

But maybe Lucas had something in mind when he originally imagined the Star Wars series in that it would get progressively more serious until the end of the movie.

Kinda like the Harry Potter series.

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
Xtremehkr said:
For 7,8 and 9, I hope that they will be at the most mature level, and that there the conclusion ties together the follies of the Empire versus what I hope will be the triumph of the Rebel Forces.
There is not going to be another one This is Lucas's last one