(swallow beverages now) Teh Idiocrats

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Sydde, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

This thread is intended to be a digest of general folly, absurdity and dickishness that we run across in our 'net travels. Most of it will tend to come from one side, like those goofs in Wisconsin who feel the need to assert their state's right to secede.

I will start off, though, with the Burning Man guy, who wants to organize "Bundyfest", a month long concert party across the street from Cliven Bundy's ranch – because there are no rules how people can use the land.

To me, that is like saying "you are an excretory orifice, so I will moon you," and everyone just ends up annoyed. And to amplify his dickishness, in the video linked above, he holds up a picture captioned "Cliven Bundy", but the face is that of a famous serial murderer with the same last name. And, to top it all off, he mispronounces "Nevada".

2. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

No, I think BundyFest is a great idea. Bundy can reap what he's sown.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

4. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Now this story is pretty infuriating stupidity. The people did not want this thing. It started out a stupid idea, it has not gotten any better, and now it is getting stupider.

Seattle is in the process of replacing its waterfront viaduct with a tunnel. It was a poorly thought out idea (DOT figures show that the tunnel will carry but a tiny fraction of the viaduct's traffic load), the voters rejected it, but the city and state went ahead with it anyway.

So last year, the eighty million dollar boring machine got broken after hitting something. It is estimated that just fixing the borer will cost half again as much as the borer itself originally cost. Right now, it looks like they will proceed with this. I guess because not enough people are pissed off about this fiasco.

5. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Today's zOMG: the President Bows to a Japanese Robot!!! This was, at least at one point, top billing on the drudgy thing. Such an outrage, that this leader-of-the-free-world should be courteous to anyone, we need an arrogant prick with no sense of humor to shepherd us through these difficult time.

I, for one, greet our new mechanical overlords with enthusiasm and tickertape

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I nearly spat a mouthful of soda all over my keyboard and monitors. And I'm at work. I would've hard a hard time explaining that one to my boss. ;)

7. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

In the words of South Carolina senate candidate Det Bowers, 95% of all divorces are caused by women loving their children too much
    I find that in about 95 percent of broken marriages, though the husband’s the one that ran out on his wife, the wife loves her children more than she does her husband. That is an abominable idolatry.

Do you hear me, ladies? It is an abominable idolatry to love your children more than you love your husband, and it will ruin your marriage. And yet you blame it on him because he ran off with some other woman! He did run off with some other woman, and you packed his bags. All of his emotional bags, you packed for him. Is that true in every case? No, but it’s true in the vast preponderance of them.

You just ran him off. You paid more attention to your children than you did to him. ‘Oh, he doesn’t need me?’ He needs you more than they do. He chose you, they didn’t. An abominable idolatry.

"He needs you more than they do" ? Yeah, OK. :rolleyes:

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

10. Sydde thread starter macrumors 68020

Sydde

Good to see you posting again, by the way.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Thank you sir... Some down time between projects coincided with my first ipad, and here I am. :)

Hopefully I can maintain a presence as summer rolls around and things kick into gear. I have missed the place. I see not much has changed. :D

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Whenever I read that name, that is the first image that pops up.

13. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

You and me both.

Married with Children was a big part of my childhood.

14. Happybunny macrumors 68000

This story goes out on the air waves & internet, and you wonder why the world questions America's role as leader of the free world.:p