iPhone Swap 16GB iPhones at Apple store...odds of 6.1.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dreamliner330, May 7, 2013.

1. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

So...theres nothing that I easily see wrong with my 16GB iPhone 5...other than 6.1.4...what are some common iPhone 5 issues that I could check for to swap my iPhone at the Apple store...and what are the odds of getting one with 6.1.2?

;)

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

if there is nothing wrong than trying to swap it just for 6.1.4 (which you updated manually i presume…) might be seen as fraud….

3. Dreamliner330, May 7, 2013
    Last edited: May 7, 2013

Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Like I said...easily seen...I could simply not know about a common issue that is present in my device. I do not intend to lie simply to get another device; that's why I asked for common issues.

I wouldn't need to ask if I just wanted to make up a fake 'intermittent' problem. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Jailbreak + Reset Content/Settings = :(

One thing I have noticed though, sometimes I have to hit the screen a few times to get it to do something...and sometimes the tap location seemingly doesn't match the button location.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If there's really some defective part of your device, just go in and exchange it as you're already not jailbroken so nothing to lose. The chances of getting a device on 6.0-6.1.2 is getting increasingly lower as 6.1.3 has been out for around a month already. And 6.1.4 is out now too

5. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

If you have applecare and don't mind paying $50 for a replacement, just soak the phone in a glass of water overnight and take it in.

I have no clue what the odds are of getting a phone with 6.1.2 though. You could just be out $50 unless you get very lucky.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

7. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Just stay away from jailbreak.

8. Dreamliner330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The reset was the first thing I did after Jailbreaking too...I didn't even open Cydia yet. :( It'd be helpful if it said not to reset somewhere other than half way down the FAQ page. It wasn't in the program or the README documentation...pretty good place for that, I'd think.

You can reset an Android phone with Root (Jailbreak) as much as you want and it won't affect anything.

The iPhone is really annoying to use without it. The constant checking to see if there's a notification (why not status bar notifier is beyond me). Constantly having to check the calendar instead of an agenda just being on the lockscreen.

The iPhone turns the user into a worker bee...continually checking. The Phone should present information, not wait for you to check it. :rolleyes:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. able16 macrumors newbie

I went to radioshack yesterday. They had 1 black 16 gig with 6.1.2, another with 6.0.1, and a white on 6.1.2.

I used this to verify.

http://ios.joshuaturner.co/

[​IMG]

I am now a happy owner of a jailbroken iphone 5 on 6.1.2

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Extremely helpful link! :D

12. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

that's really cool

nice link

13. able16 macrumors newbie

Yep. As far as I know -- considering it correctly calculated my iPhone 5 was on 6.1.2 I'd say accurate

14. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Why not sell your phone and buy a used one on eBay that has 6.1.2?

15. able16 macrumors newbie

I traded in my iPhone 4 for $125. With an upgrade bought the iPhone 5 for $75

16. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

cool, but i still beat u :) i traded mine for 150, and got my iPhone 5, a soda, and some m&ms for a total of $43.98

17. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Chances are extremely thin and getting thinner by the day.

One thing you can do is... turn off the iPhone repeatedly and randomly from time to time when you're really drunk. But wake up the next morning and remember your phone turning off randomly and repeatedly, but don't remember why. And then go to the Apple store and just say you your phone has been turning off repeatedly and randomly and you have no clue why. They may just swap your phone.

But again, I think it's highly doubtful anymore for getting a 6.1.2 one from a swap at the Apple.

18. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

The power switch on my iPhone 5 developed problems, so I brought the phone up to the local Apple store in Annapolis, Maryland, and was cheerfully (and I mean that) presented with a new phone, running 6.1.3 on 05-18-2013.

I'm glad replacement of the phone was a non-issue but I'm not happy giving up my jailbreak.