Swapping black iPhone 5 for white iPhone 5 thru apple (over the phone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iproductsuser, Sep 25, 2012.

1. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I placed my order through apple.com and I am just not happy with my black iPhone 5 as it had chips on the anodizing just like most people are seeing and i've tried to call apple and request an exchange for a white one but after speaking to 4 CS reps, they made it seem next to impossible. Has anybody actually dont this successfully?

2. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

yeah I called Apple and asked for a white replacement to avoid any future issues with the black. The guy agree'd.

It was no problem and I have already had the confirmation email stating that its a white iPhone 5.

3. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you happen to have any emails from the rep that helped you? I want to speak with someone who won't waste my time. I probably spent over an hour accumulated time between the reps yesterday who seemed to be boggled over my request. Did you ask to speak to a certain dept or something when you were connected to CS? I want to call back but don't know the best route to get in contact with the proper people.

4. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

5. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did you have to speak to a mgr to authorize the color swap?

6. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

On the phone now. Initial CSR said she can't do it without processing a return and them I have to re purchase. Escalating to mgr now.

7. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

She stated she's waiting for a supervisor but she's being told by that sup that he can't authorize a color swap. Waiting to speak to him.

8. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

No with mine the guy said he would request it and it should be fine. Email confirmation showed that it had gone through.

Are you in the uk tho? Maybe apple has different working practices in different countries?

9. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

United States. Spoke to a supervisor and he's submitting my request with my pictures of proof.

10. MRSooner macrumors newbie

Can you keep us updated? I too would like to swap mine. I am curious as to whether or not it is possible in the United States.

11. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will post updates. It has been a painful process so far.

12. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Touched base with the supervisor last night since he sent me his contact information and he advised it is submitted and is being reviewed (he mentioned hoping to have an answer before he left last night). Nothing from apple last night and nothing from them this morning so far. Wondering if anything is going on...? I've seen more than one person so far on these boards who have changed colors and it seems like it's impossible for me. These representatives are telling me I need to send my phone to them for a return and then place an online order telling me I could be without my phone for weeks. Totally unacceptable as I do not have a landline and I use my phone for work. I'm lost at this point.:confused:

13. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

My apple.com account shows a pending return with a return amount of $0.00 which makes me think a replacement was sent and the 0 value shows me that they aren't processing it as a return (which would reflect my purchase price) but instead as an exchange. Crossing my fingers.

14. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

The supervisor just called me to confirm that my swap from black to white was approved and it should come in about a week or so but I will receive an email when it ships with tracking. He said it is coming from overseas and will come in retail packaging. He's emailing me pre paid shipping labels today. Anyone else please comment if you've had a similar case or issues. I'm very interested.

I will continue to post updates as I get information.

15. iproductsuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Checked this morning (typing in my original order number with zip code rather than logging into my account) and it shows that my white replacement was shipped some time during the night with an expected delivery date of Monday 10/1 via UPS world ease shipping. So far so good.