Swiftunlocks has refused to unlock or respond in regard to iPhone unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elvismsmarta, Jan 21, 2015.

1. elvismsmarta macrumors newbie

i had a lot of respect for this guy after he unlocked 4 iphones for me using his premium service for $45. But since i submitted the last iPhone on 30th december he has not unlocked it upto today. i have sent him emails after every one week but he never responds.The last email he responded he said it will clear by end the week that was on January 9 2015. My cousin thinks i duped him by telling him i will unlock his phone and now demands a refund. I looking for an advice how i can get this guy to refund the $45.
    1)He never replies emails in time
    2)He gives empty promises like it will clear in 1 day
    3)Has not kept his end of the deal( premium service is 1-7 days) but this one has taken more than 21 days

Please guys keep off this guy he will make you loose your business if you plan to unock many phones.

Advice how i can get him to refund i paid $45 via paypall

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Unless he wants to refund your money you have little recourse.

You could contact PayPal and they "might" temporarily refund your money.

3. noobinator macrumors 601

You said you will unlock his phone but you paid him $45 to unlock your phone?
    what in the world is going on?

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

The OP enlisted this vendor to unlock his phone that he sold his cousin. Hence he, the OP, is getting the phone unlocked for his cousin.

5. CEmajr, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

CEmajr macrumors 601

Same situation happened here. I submitted several unlocks to them in late December and they recently stopped responding to messages. Good thing there are American express chargebacks that them nor paypal can prevent. I probably won't use them again.

6. DEG1 macrumors member

Weird. I posted in another thread recently that they unlocked my ATT IP6 in 3 business days, two weeks ago. My phone is in contract and on a Next plan. OP, is there something unusual about your phone (carrier, etc) that might make it harder for them to get unlocked?

EDIT: I used their $75 service. Don't know if that makes a difference.

7. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's kind of weird that the OP is experiencing this. I have used Swiftunlocks several times without any issues. The one time they couldn't unlock one of my iPhone's, they promptly refunded my money. No questions asked.

To the OP, I'm sure you could file a dispute with PayPal.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Is it possible that they have gone out of business.

9. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

AT&T has started unlocking in-contract and financed iPhones at least so these services will most likely be out of business soon. It seems like the unlocking policy is changing. They unlocked mine last week.

10. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Really? Although I have a factory unlocked 5s which I use as my back-up phone, I would like to have my 6 unlocked as well, but it's on NEXT. Was your phone financed by chance when AT&T unlocked it?

11. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

My phone is financed as well, but they approved it one minute after the unlock request was submitted. I restored via iTunes and saw the unlocked message. There's a thread on this.

12. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

File a dispute with paypal. Also, if you used a credit card with paypal, dispute with the credit card company.

13. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

File dispute with PP. If you can prove it, they will refund you. Once a guy screwed me over when I payed him for an iPhone. Never sent it and I was onto him. Filed complaint. No tracking number or proof of delivery...the money was credited back to my account.

14. noobinator macrumors 601

15. elvismsmarta thread starter macrumors newbie

AT&T premium is $45 and that's what i have been using.There is nothing wrong with iPhone 5S. If that was the case you should communicate to the customer and issue a refund or compensation for the same amount

----------

i have opened a dispute on paypal but Swiftunlocks has not responded yet.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Is there anyway to look in the settings of my 6+ to see if it is locked? I do not have access to another carriers SIM card.

17. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm not sure how accurate this is but when my 6 Plus unlocked it added a "Carrier" option in settings near the top. It was not there previously.

18. CEmajr macrumors 601

Good luck. I've heard Paypal stopped honoring disputes over intangible purchases like these a while back. That's why I recommend people always use their credit cards instead of debit cards or the Paypal balance to pay for unlocks.

19. elvismsmarta thread starter macrumors newbie

Am afraid if this is the case this guy will varnish with lots of money from all those people who had ordered the service.

20. ifanme macrumors regular

ifanme

If they failed to unlock they should 'd refund you without asking any questions.

I recently unlocked two at&t iPhone's in same price which took 7 biz days by my recommended service.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not really a way to test it without another carriers sim.
    What I did is bought a T-Mobile or simple mobile nano sim on eBay for $1 and use it just to verify iPhone unlocks.

22. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

why don't people just have their carrier do the unlock?

why pay someone?

23. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

Good idea if your carrier unlocks and if so they do it when you need it.

24. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Which carrier doesn't unlock after you meet whatever conditions they have for unlocking?

25. noobinator macrumors 601

The point of unlocking companies is to unlock before you fulfill the carrier requirements. Did you not know this or you just messing around?