Swipe keyboards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ged7677, Apr 24, 2012.

1. ged7677 macrumors newbie

2. SurferMan macrumors 65816

3. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

There is one or two but you have to jailbreak. I tried one but it was nowhere near as good as the android version.

4. SurferMan macrumors 65816

I'll see if I can install and try it as I have one of the jb'd phones laying around. Just looking at it and peoples comments though, yeh doesn't seem it's as nice or good as Androids. I use Swype on my GSII and love it, great for normal typing and now after some months of it learning your style/words/text etc, swyping can be fast and accurate.

5. ged7677 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

well, you know, when visitors bring you a cake with a file stuffed in it and all that

7. ged7677 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. SurferMan macrumors 65816

You didn't say what phone you have, but you've never heard of jailbreak??? I've been jailbreaking for years lol. Basically imagine "hacking" your phone to get rid of all of apples stupid restrictions and being able to customize and make it more efficient to use.

Check the Hack section: http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

9. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

10. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

SWYPE submitted their keyboard app to Apple for approval but was rejected. I can only guess it was being interpreted as a threat due to it's superior performance as compared to the standard keyboard.

Samsung has included SWYPE as one of three keyboards included in their Galaxy series since the beginning. At first I was too impatient to learn it. Then a friend raved about it, so I gave it a second try. Now I use it all the time on my SGS II and would really like to have it on my iPhone 4S.

I never imagined how fast, fun & easy typing could be on a touch screen prior to SWYPE.

11. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Yup, at first I just typed like you normally would as it learns your words and style and everything, and now Swyping is awesome. I end up doing a mix of swyping and some words normal typing (some are hard to pick up swyped) and it's like 2nd nature now.

But it's a great keyboard for just normal typing too.

12. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I was fortunate to grab ShapeWriter when it made it to the App Store. Swype goodness without being JB'd. Unavailable now but a boon if you can get it.

13. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Yeah I really wish Apple would approve it. That's the only thing I really miss from my Android days.

At first I didn't like it either but then have it a full week of use and fell in love with it. So much faster and easier than anything except voice texting.