Swiss Railroad Clock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ggmissmolly, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

I think the clock in iOS6 is cool. It does look very much like the Swiss Railroad clock. I'm betting somebody screwed up there and it will cost Apple a few bucks.

Here is my problem. I upgraded my 4S to iOS6 and it has the Swiss RR clock, but my new iPhone5 has the old clock and I want the Swiss RR one. Since the clock is a preloaded app and even if it was set up from my 4S backup the 4S had the Swiss clock.

Do others have the Swiss clock on their IP5? How can I exchange the old clock and get the new one?

2. NbinHD macrumors 6502

And people say Samsung copies, apparently Apple copied the actual clock that is in the train station.

3. CyBeRino, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

Not exactly, but it's damn close.

It's a very iconic clock design though. But if you look closely all they copied is the fact it's without numbers and the red dot at the end of the second hand. (That is, the hands themselves are shaped differently.)

(Oh and that it's black on white. And that it's a clock, of course.)

By the way on my 4 I do not have this clock.

4. iMatt. macrumors 6502

5. therationalist macrumors regular

therationalist

As usual. Apple stealing. Nothing new here folks.

6. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Apple are already in talks with the company to sort out a resolution. Most likely bung a few quid their way.

At least they aren't denying it.

7. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

8. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

Those don't show that Apple blatantly steals ideas but instead shows where they got the inspiration from. Jony himself has said he idolizes Dieter Rams of Braun. And the iOS 3 calculator is a known tribute to the Braun ET 66 calculator. The podcast app is another homage to Braun and Dieter Rams.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think only the ipad has the clock app and not the iphone

9. ggmissmolly thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the accusations, but what clock is in your iP5 please?

It wasn't my intention to start a war about the clock, just to get an answer.

No it's not just the iPad. My iP4S updated to iOS6 has it. My iP5 does not. Does that make sense?

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I think ur mistaken...or something wet wrong. I've haven't heard of that clock showing up on anything but the iPad. It's an iPad specific app, not for iPhone. I checked my 4S after i saw it on my ipad, hoping the clock would be there, and it wasn't.

11. KPOM macrumors G5

The iPhone should have the "old" clock regardless of OS. The iPad has the clock that resembles the Swiss railway clock. That's what I noticed on my upgraded 4S, 5, and iPad.

12. ggmissmolly thread starter macrumors regular

You are correct...my bad...thanks for the correction.

13. jafingi, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

14. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

OK, apparently the second post got me confused. Sorry.

On topic, I would quite like to see the iPad's clock style on the iPhone as well, as long as Apple sorts out the legal issues around it.

15. Meanee macrumors 6502a

So, Apple "gets inspirations" and Samsung steals. So, if they took some person from Samsung who said that they used Apple for inspiration, it would be all good?

16. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

17. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

No, because Samsung copies directly from product to product (iPad/Galaxy Tab) Apple using Braun, not even the same. Using a radio to get inspiration to design a desktop tower. The Braun TV looks nothing like the iMac anyway, except for the fact that it has a screen.

18. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Poor defense. This means that Samsung could say that they used iPad as an inspiration for a phone, and they would be clear.

How about Braun's pocket radio and iPod? They both have same functionality. Or the calculator? Direct product to product copy. And since Apple has those amazing "Design patent", meaning just a design is patented, not both design and function, the perforated design on Mac Pro is a direct ripoff from the radio. Same with speaker.

19. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Asking Siri, "what time is it?", on my iPhone 4S (iOS 6) shows a mini Swiss clock. Oops.