Switch carriers or wait??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigpoppamac31, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

I'm from Canada and on the Fido network. I have an iPhone 3G and am still under contract until next September. I'm able to upgrade to a new phone in March. My 3G is really antiquated and I'm getting very frustrated with it. Would it make sense to cancel my plan and either sign up anew with Fido or switch to another carrier or wait to upgrade. Also if I wait to upgrade in March would it make sense to wait a bit more and get the iPhone 5 whenever it comes out??

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There's no universal "make sense". You need to make the call for yourself.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You're still under a contract with the iPhone 3G until March? wow that sucks.
    You have a few options. 1) you can just buy the phone outright from craigslist or even Apple 2) you can cancel contract.

Not sure what is better for you in terms of pricing .. but I'd definitely try to dump that 3G ASAP.

4. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

Exactly!! My 3G is so slow. Apps crash. The battery doesn't last very long. Plus there are things from iOS 4 that don't work on the 3G let alone the fact that I can't even get iOS 5. if I end my contract it would likely cost about $200. Then when I sign up for a new contract I'll be paying at least $159 for the new iPhone 4S. The question for me is do I have that kind of money to throw down.

5. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Agreed. And I don't think anyone in this forum know the answer to that question but you :D

So .. do you have that kind of money?

6. bigpoppamac31 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm not really sure. But I'm pretty well ready to throw my iPhone 3G against the wall. LOL Maybe then I'll get an upgrade. ;)