Switch from Sierra 10.12.6 to 10.13 beta

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by robert1998, Jul 20, 2017.

1. robert1998 macrumors regular

robert1998

Hello, guys! I own a Macbook Pro Early 2015 13 inch and I updated last night to 10.12.6 and noticed some serious stutter and lag, which I hadn't seen or experienced in the past...
    And now my question is if I upgrade to High Sierra (I know, I know, is a beta release problems my happen) I will get any performance boost or something like that? Does APFS makes any difference?

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

APFS -- at this stage of the game -- may cause you more trouble than you want.

I would advise you to NOT be foolin' with the High Sierra beta UNLESS you create a fully bootable clone of 10.12.6 to a backup drive using either CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper.

Otherwise, you may find yourself up the river without a paddle to get back, as they say…

3. William Payne macrumors 6502a

What are you doing to get the stutter and lag? My Mac is older then yours and I did that same update with no negative outcome.

4. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

Unless you have a second disk or partition that will remain on Sierra, I'd advise you not to upgrade to High Sierra until the official release.

Lou

5. zhiligege macrumors newbie

zhiligege

I'm using High Sierra right now, to be honest, I feel nothing different form Sierra. APFS may be an improvement, bu you can barely feel it during your daily usage. So my advice is not to upgrade. If you really want to try, don't forget to backup in Time Machine!