Switched from the SGP Oleo to the PS Anti-Glare

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spartanrob, Sep 7, 2010.

1. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I was really getting tired of the fingerprints on the SGP Oleo. Even with a coat of wax on it, it was difficult to clean. The apple store now carries the PS Anti-Glare so I didn't have to deal with PS's outrageous shipping charges.

I have to say that so far i'm impressed. I had tried other Anti-glare protectors and hated them, but the PS has a great mix of Anti-glare, anti-fingerprints and clarity. It is by no means as clear as the SGP, but I think for now I can live with it and without the fingerprints. It's also very smooth and the fingers slide easily

2. lvyelion macrumors member

PS Anti-Glare is not as clear as PS Crystal on my iPhone 4, but it is way better than SGP, especially after a couple of weeks, it still perform well. SGP ones only look good the first few days, than it gets scratched oily and dirty

3. kchika macrumors member

I've been using the SGP Oleophobic for over a week now and am regretting my decision. It still is a fingerprint magnet; it's just that you can wipe off the fingerprints more easily than any other crystal film. I'm gonna put on the second film and switch to the PS Anti-Glare (which is what I have on my iPad)...

4. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I used the SGP Oleo for a while on mine, yes if you cleaned it with iKlear or something similar it would resist fingerprints for a good one day, then it became a smudge/oil magnet.

I got my replacement iPhone today and bought a PS AG set which also came today. The new AG films are better than the ones for the previous iPhones. It cuts down on the rainbow artifacting. You can see a little fuzziness if you put the phone right to your eye.

5. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

did you try NXT 2.0 wax ?

i can't stress this enough I've tried like 3 waxes already and its the only one that lasts more than a few days