Switched my sister to Mac the other day, got a sick deal too!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by likemyorbs, Jul 28, 2008.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

So ive been using mac for 3 years now, and the other day i finally converted my sister, best choice she's ever made!! Let me tell you about the sick deal she got, she got the middle model MacBook (same exact one as me). she got the student discount, a free touch, and a free printer which was worth $100. her total came out to 1700, after the $400 she's about to get back in rebates and after selling her touch (she doesnt need it) for 300, she paid 1000 after tax for a macbook and free printer, which is great considering it costs 1300 without tax. sorry for the brag thread but thats one hell of a deal...

2. jokun macrumors member

Sweet. :D That is exactly what I'm planning on. Middle-macbook, probably keep the printer, definitely sell the touch. Best Buy just replaced my 5.5g ipod with a new ipod classic under extended warranty so I'm set for an ipod right now. Plus 8 (or even 16gb) just isn't enough space for me.

I'm also a new convert. The wife's been into macs for years as a designer, but I never bothered with them until I went back to school. Hope she loves it. I'm trying to hold out and see if an update comes out before the back-to-school promotion is over. If not, the white macbook is cool with me. Still a great machine.

3. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

apple purposely won't release the new ones until after the promotion, thats why my sister went ahead and bought it now. so if you want it now you may as well go ahead and get it.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah I got $780 back from accounting errors by Apple.

Bought computer with discount, got printer; got rebate on printer and sold printer. Computer breaks, exchange for new computer; iPod program comes out; reissue another student discount with another printer and iPod. AppleCare is refunded in full for the first machine and heavily discounted in the second.

$200 (Discount 1) + $200 (Discount 2) + $300 (iPod) + $80 (difference between new and old AppleCare).