Switching color

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Sep 28, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

If I wanted a white phone instead of black, is there a way to reserve the phone for pick up at the apple store or do we just have to take from what is left over after reservations have been filled? If I pay the full price online will the price get all get worked out when I return my current phone?

2. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

If you want a white phone then buy a white phone. If you take a phone from what is left over after reservations are filled because you simply must have a phone at that moment, that is your choice, not the Apple Store's choice.

If you already bought a black one, look on your receipt and it has a return by date. Return the phone by that date for refund or exchange it for the white iPhone.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Did I insinuate that someone was forcing me to take a phone? Nope... Didn't think so.

Perhaps my question was not clear.

If I reserve a phone for pick up... The app is making pay for it at the time I reserve. When I arrive at the store... While I get my upgrade price instead of paying for my phone in full?

4. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Wow!! Ill try to help you since ScottNWDW came out like a real ******.
    I was in the same boat and called the apple store.

I was told that the only way to get a phone right now is to reserve it online and come in the next day. Now since you just upgraded that phone it is going to make you pay the full price that night. but when you go in they will cancel your online order for the full price (refunding that money) and then use that phone to do your exchange.

Hope that helps.

to the other guy that posted, why such a douche?

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow! That was exactly what I wanted I know. I know I could have called the store... But with all of these upgrades/discounts etc... I always get 10 different answers from 10 people. I figured someone had done it already and could let me know how they did it.
    Thanks for reading my question and answering it:).

6. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Perhaps YOU didn't read my response correctly.

You did insinuate that you might be forced to take your choice from whatever stock was left over after the reservations were fulfilled.

This is what you said....
    "or do we just have to take from what is left over after reservations have been filled?"

You also made it sound like you already have a phone and want to change the color. In that case all you have to do is return the first phone by the return date and purchase the new one.