Switching Colors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by inleemind, Oct 25, 2012.

1. inleemind macrumors newbie

I ordered an iphone 5 on the first week of october and it is finally preparing for shipment!:)

The question I have is: Can you switch the color of your phone if you do not like it ? If you can how long does it take to swap and if you do have to wait, can you hold on to the phone you received until you get the other one ?

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

you have to cancel the order and order it again, which means depending on the version you got (by your OP im guessing its a 16gb) you could be waiting til as late as december. Or you can probably take it into an apple store, get a refund, and buy the color you want, which isn't as easy as it sounds.

3. inleemind thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered a 32 for some reason it took longer than most. Lol I didnt want to wait til december, thats why I let my order just go all the way through to see if it was easier to get a replacement.

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

30 day return policy, but you would have to be lucky enough that the store you're returning it to has the exact same model in a different colors, supplies are tight right now. So if it means that much to you then go for it.

5. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

What I'm doing is reserving one through the online store. I called and they said that I can go to pick it up, then they'll cancel the reservation and just swap the phones. You should call and see if your store will do this.