Switching from Android to iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rami98, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Rami98 macrumors member

Hey guys. So I ordered an iPhone 4S 64 Black from verizon on 11/3, it shipped 11/11 when it was supposed to ship 11/18 so i'm happy. It should be here by monday. I had a droid charge and Droid X previously, so I am new to iPhone. Android had terrible battery life that can barely get me through the day. I have an ipod touch 3g 64gb so im not new to iOS, just new to iOS5 and the iPhone. I didnt upgrade the ipod to iOS 5 because i wanted to keep my untethered jailbreak. Are there any tips or tricks with the iPhone specifically or iOS5?

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Prepare for more crap battery life. lol

3. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

you will have good iphone 4s with siri talk / fast speed

but battery life making you bored ,

4. monkeylui macrumors 6502

My battery life has been fine. Get something like a mophie if you're concerned. But it is a great device.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Battery life is much better than Android phones. I switched from an Evo.

6. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

I switched over from long time android and from custom roms on rooted androids with kernel tweaks but let me tell ya apple is just so much more consistent and smooth. I wouldn't go back and just sold my EVO 3d on Craigslist but can't wait for a jailbreak so I can stop giving sprint 30 bucks for wifi teather ;)

7. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Switched to 4S from SGS2. I could barely get to 4-5 hours on screen time usage on that phone (Web browsing) but I could get 7-8 hours of Web browsing on my 4S. I didn't want to mess with custom ROMS for a better battery life since I didn't want to void the warranty because I wanted to get rid of it.

Here's a thing you'll really notice of you're coming from an Android with a big screen... The iPhone's screen will appear REALLY small. I was using my SGS2 (4.27") along side with my iPod (3.5") and I couldn't stand the iPod when I got used to the SGS2. However when I sold my SGS2 and started using my small Nokia phone it now looks to my eyes that 3.5" is perfect.

8. Rami98 thread starter macrumors member

Trust me, you have no idea how terrible my android's battery life was. My workplace has terrible signal, ususally 0-1 bars of 3g or 1x. So i would put my android on airplane mode, and it has barely any apps. The battery would be half dead by 3 pm when i left. ON AIRPLANE MODE. No rogue apps or anything. And I always got force closes on apps, even official google apps. And i was really tired of having a new model come out every 5 seconds. Samsung devices are terribly built (at least the galaxy s 1 series not the 2). I also hated how you could buy a device for 300 on contract and it would never be updated. My Droid Charge has never gotten a single update since i bought it 5 months ago and it was marketed as a flagship phone. What kind of ******** is that??? Also I think the battery life will be good on the i4S because i don't use location services and all that stuff. If i really want to know where my friends are, i'll text them on my own time

9. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

If your wanting to jailbreak your 4s if it comes on 5.0 don't upgrade to .1

10. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

Yeah the battery life used to be an issue for me but not anymore.