switching from AT&T to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tim100, Aug 9, 2012.

1. tim100 macrumors 65816

i have had an iphone with AT&T since the original iphone. i am thinking about switching to verizon when the next iphone is released. if i preorder a new iphone from verizon as a new customer and it is assigned a new number can i port my AT&T number over to the verizon iphone, when it is delievered. has anyone else made this switch?

2. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I didn't do it with an iPhone, but when I switched from AT&T to Verizon you could port your number at the same time you order or pre-order your new device. As soon as you activate your new phone on Verizon, it kills your AT&T account.

3. tim100 thread starter macrumors 65816

i wanted to pre order through apple site

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Order it as a new phone on Verizon and then you can port your number once it arrives at a Verizon store.

5. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I ported my number. It's nice!

I can't imagine what troubles I would have to go through if I get a new number. It's not like other countries where the telecom reroutes phone calls/texts to the new number while informing the caller/texter that the number has changed.

6. tim100 thread starter macrumors 65816

how does the not being able to use voice and data work? can you get a text while on a phone call?