Switching from AT&T to Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stockcerts, Sep 16, 2012.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I've had AT&T for about ten years, but recently moved to San Francisco and AT&T is horrible here! Everyone I know who has Verizon in this area is very happy with the quality of reception and availability throughout the city.

When I ordered my iPhone I opted to port my current phone number with AT&T to my new Verizon iPhone 5. Does anyone know when that porting of phone numbers takes place? Is there something I need to do upon delivery to make that happen? Thanks!!

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

As was stated numerous times in numerous posts. The port starts when you activate your iPhone with your new account.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Call your new carrier and ask them. Also, call AT&T to make sure your contract is canceled. Don't ask here as we don't have your information or file.

4. soleilvie macrumors member

Verizon told me not to do ANYTHING with AT&T. The port process will start once the phone is activated. If you're having issues, go to Verizon. If you cancel your contract manually first, then your number will be locked with AT&T. Porting the number to Verizon will automatically cancel the AT&T contract.

5. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

When the new phone arrives what kicks off the port process? Do. Need to call Verizon?

Thanks.

6. armoredsaint macrumors regular

armoredsaint

ironic that ATT has a lot of their commercials with the SF downtown area.