Switching from iPhone 5 to iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Voodoofreak, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

Just wondering if there any issues before I go ahead with it...

I would like to sell my current iPhone 5. I have a spare iPhone 4s which I will be using instead. My question is...will I get charged for switching from iPhone 5 to 4s (like an activation fee or something else)? Will AT&T make any changes to my legacy unlimited data plan for switching from iPhone 5 to iPhone 4s without asking me? Is there anything else I should be aware of (not technical, limitations of the old phone)?

I have a micro sim adaptor that I can use to switch back to the old phone.

I appreciate any guidance. Thank you.

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

3. SA Spyder macrumors regular

Pretty sure they don't care what phone you use. Just pop the sim in and it will work, and they'll keep not caring.

4. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

You should call ATT and give them your new IMEI number but there should be no charges for you switching.

5. studmule macrumors regular

I wouldn't call AT&T if I was you. Since you have unlimited data on LTE, they throttle you at 5GB. If you let them know you switched back to a 4S, they will likely switch you back to a non LTE unlimited data plan, which gets throttled earlier, I think at 3GB. Just put your sim in the adapter and throw it in your 4S. It will work fine, and your unlimited data won't get throttled until 5GB. Food for thought anyway.