Switching from Sprint to ATT dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gsugators, Sep 15, 2013.

1. gsugators macrumors member

I live in the Atlanta area and I am switching to ATT from Sprint. I have a 64GB Sprint iPhone 5 (with Applecare +) and I am comfortable with the 5. I just recently moved over to my own plan from a family plan. I am not under contract but I cannot use my employee discount with signing a new 2 year contract with Sprint (B.S.).

I have decided to switch to the ATT Go Phone Prepaid plan. My dilemma is whether to buy the unlocked Tmobile/ATT iPhone 5S or the Verizon iPhone 5S. The reason I am considering the Verizon iPhone 5s is because it would be unlocked to work at all three carriers as opposed to the Tmobile/ATT version would only work on those two carriers in the US.

Any suggestions? How much should I expect to get for my iPhone 5 which is in perfect mint condition?

Thanks.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Unless you're actually planning to use Verizon at some point, there's no big reason to prefer it over just buying an AT&T/T-Mobile or GSM Unlocked 5S. I would say just get whichever one is available at the time.

As far as selling yours, the Sprint 64GB 5 is averaging around $375-400 after eBay/Paypal fees on eBay right now. Most resale sites are paying $250-300 for it.

Personally I would try to sell it on Craigslist and get around $350 cash.