Switching to ATT Family--Pick a phone for me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcdude, Jul 8, 2008.

1. kcdude macrumors regular

I am switching from Sprint to an ATT Family plan to get a new iPhone. Currently my wife uses a Razr that has really bad battery life....she does not text or access any web content...just talks. What ATT phone would you recommend? Flip or other, thinner is better, good battery life is a must.

2. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

3. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Thats a bit overkill since his wife doesn't use text or access any web content. Just pick up a new battery for her Razr. With a fresh battery, the life will be about 20 hours stand-by. Which should be more then enough to get her through a day.

4. WPB2 macrumors 6502a

WPB2

Find a pond and skip that b**ch to the other side and get an iphone.

5. agirton macrumors regular

If he got her an iphone she would use text and internet. My wife didn't before she got hers. I stood in line for mine and after reading the posts all day while in line of the east coast reviews I realized that while she would get mad at me for buying her one, she would have been much madder that I didn't after she saw how nice it was. Now she cant live without it, really, it went down for half a day and she almost cracked!

6. brandonzar macrumors regular

This seems a little harsh, did you actually read the post? His wife isn't keeping him from getting the iPhone.

7. kcdude thread starter macrumors regular

Another iPhone....way overkill and it will get damaged....period.

Texting, internet....not my wife...she still carries a paper organizer....no need to pay for data access that will not be used.

She just needs a slim flip-phone with the best battery life. Her current Razr is Sprint only and cannot be used outside that carrier...I think. So I need to buy a new one anyway...preferably with minimal out of pocket. I'm hearing another Razr....but is there anything better?

8. KratosKilla macrumors regular

???

What the heck! Where did that come from!?

9. kcdude thread starter macrumors regular

I'll assume it is in reference to the phone and not my wife...

10. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

The LG Shine looks pretty slick (but it's a slider, not a flip phone).

11. Paul S macrumors regular

Get any of the Nokia phones. Most of them all have excellent reception and a loooooong battery life. Pretty durable, too.

12. mntentman macrumors regular

Keep the suggestions coming... I am in same boat, I am switching a family of four to AT&T on Friday, three iPhones and another phone for a kid who does not want or need an iPhone... but does want something smaller and "cool"...

13. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I just tried it. Looks neat, sounds great, very bad reception. It could get signal at all at my house.
    I exchanged for a Razr2 V9. Its day/night difference. I often get 5 bars 3G. Haven't dropped a call. But other than reception, I liked the Shine better. Voice doesn't sound as clear. It feels big and heavy. Poor battery life.

14. yode macrumors 6502

LOL omg i laughed when I read this:p

15. yode macrumors 6502

This will not work as sprint is CDMA, and the CDMA razr cannot work on GSM networks

16. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I signed up last Friday in advance of the iPhone. Tried a Shine. No reception for me. Exchanged for a v9. Much better, but big, heavy, poor battery life. Camera is good. I also considered the Nokia N75. Its supposed to have good reception, good camera, poor battery life unless you change some setting.
    I also thought about the Sony Ericson 750. Supposed to have decent reception.

I'm planning to try a Nokia 6555 for my mom as a third phone. Camera stinks, but supposedly good reception and reliable.

So far I've been amazed at how bad AT&T coverage is in NC. Sprint has coverage EVERYWHERE.

17. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Bwuaahahahahaha, POTD!

18. yode macrumors 6502

Brandonzar is my hero